The Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (Honors) provides rigorous training in nutrition science and an introduction to professional practice. Core areas of study include biochemistry, physiology and areas of practice including clinical dietetics, community and public health nutrition and food service systems management. The degree includes a 3rd year Honors thesis, including research in practice. Nutrition science is the study of nutrients that are essential for growth, development and maintenance of good health throughout life. In the present scenario, society needs the awareness regarding their diet and also, people are becoming more nutrition conscious. The common man is gradually switching towards nutrition scientists and dietitians for scientifically proved information on Nutrition and Dietetics. Nutrition-related chronic diseases are the most common cause of death in the world and present a great burden for society, particularly diseases such as obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer, dental disease, and osteoporosis. Making improvements in terms of diet and physical activity can help reduce the risk of these chronic diseases. Hence it is essential that Nutrition and Dietetics is offered at various levels of education in general and masters in particular. Here the student learns both the rudimentary and application aspects, which includes the investigation and analysis of the requirement along with the skills in dietetics
- To develop basic counseling skills as dietitian
- To train students in the field of food service management
- To focus and depth in the food science discipline and trained to work at food industry.
- To teach various food processing techniques to start small scale food industry as entrepreneur.
- To introduce the students to the fundamentals of Nutrition, food and health
- To familiarize them with importance of nutrition during various stages of life.
- To impart knowledge regarding etiology and management of nutritional disorders ranging from nutritional deficiencies to life style disorders.
- To emphasize on the importance of food safety, food quality, food laws and regulations, ongoing national programmes as well as imparting entrepreneurship skill for job enhancement.
- Apply community and population nutrition health theories when providing support to community or population nutrition programs.
- Demonstrate leadership, business and management principles to guide practice and achieve operational goals.
- Integrate evidence-informed practice, research principles and critical thinking into practice.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors and effective communication in all nutrition and dietetics interactions.
Diverse job opportunities exist in front of nutritionists and dieticians in India. Both Government and private sector job opportunities are available in front of them. Nutritionists or dieticians may build a career in the following sectors-
- R&D (Research and Development)
- Healthcare sector (hospitals, clinics, health centres etc)
- Government schemes and organizations
- Teaching and Education sector.
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- 10+2 (with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Biotechnology)
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
How to Apply
If the program fascinates you yet you are not able to decide upon the right one to choose, you can acquire our Free Tele Counselling session. In case you have any issues or queries regarding the admission, you can fill out the Admission Enquiry form and we shall reach out to you within 24 hours. If you have made up your mind about going ahead with the program, you can fill out the Online Application Form.
- September 3, 2022
As the lifestyle has changed rapidly with the rapid growth in the world, we have started believing in shortcuts full of unhealthy junk food and less […]
- September 1, 2022
What is B.Com with ACCA UK Degree: Course, Eligibility, Admission, Fees, Scope, Career, Specialization, Subjects & More
B.Com stands for Bachelor in Commerce and is dedicated to understanding Commerce and business. Now a new course has evolved in recent a time which is […]
- July 5, 2022
With that in mind, here are some things you should know about the content of digital marketing courses before embarking on your new job as a […]
- June 14, 2022
Law is a field of study, research, and practice in India that applicants can pursue at the undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG), or doctorate (Ph.D.) level. Law […]
- June 13, 2022
Our country’s tourist and hospitality sectors are steadily expanding, as is the demand for hotel rooms. India is a popular tourist destination, and the benefits of […]
- June 8, 2022
Computer Science Engineering (CSE) is a popular educational course that emphasizes computer programming and networking fundamentals. Many engineering students have chosen this specialization because it helps […]
- October 5, 2020
A LLB Course – Overview Law has been a popular subject from decades and with time, it’s becoming an increasingly popular field of study. What does […]
- September 25, 2020
A Career in Law Explained Law or Legal Studies is one of the most fascinating fields of education. There is lot to read and remember and […]
- September 20, 2020
Career in Engineering – Overview Everything we see around us is somehow related to engineering. There are numerous branches in engineering and even new branches are […]
- September 15, 2020
What Are The Career Options in Yoga? The career trend is shifting drastically and numerous aspiring students are willing to study yoga as we have come […]
- August 20, 2020
Why Choose Engineering in Artificial Intelligence? Artificial intelligence has revolutionized the technology. Engineering is the basis of every human creation and with artificial intelligence, the possibilities […]