Agriculture is the backbone of the food, resources and economic system of any country. At the School of Agriculture the students are taught various aspects of the field and prepared for theoretical and practical application of agriculture as a profession and field of research. It is also one of the best agricultural colleges in Haryana and very good reputation in north India.
The campus of the college is based in Hisar, Haryana; a lush green area and ideal for the hands-on training for the field. The labs are very well equipped and there are several other facilities that are provided to the students which include a cafeteria, hostels, smart classrooms and other such amenities.
The faculty in the School of Agriculture as a part of OSGU is well-versed to render the available programs to the aspiring agriculturists. The focus is more on the practical training which is main requirement to prepare the students for the profession. The personal skills of the students such as communication skills and presentation skills are also taken care of and groomed by the institute.
There are several reasons why the School of Agriculture is an ideal school for the aspiring agriculturists. A few reasons are listed as follows:
- We motivate our students to explore new ideas and apply them in their own way which builds up confidence among them.
- Students will be trained to know about agricultural techniques and strategies in an efficient manner.
- Well-equipped labs with essential equipments used in research and field.
- Students are made to enhance and master the knowledge of agricultural science, develop scientific reasoning abilities, understand the complexity and ambiguity of empirical work develop practical skills, understand the nature of science and to cultivate interest in science with passion.
- Highly dedicated and knowledgeable faculty from reputed Universities and Institutions.
- Focus on application of theoretical knowledge in the field to understand the importance of it which improves the managerial skills and critical thinking.
- Students are exposed to real life rural settings to develop a sense of awareness regarding the problems of farmers and rural population, and inculcate a professional attitude in handling real-life issues/ problems.
- Live projects & demonstrations in the areas of crop production, nursery raising, organic farming, floriculture, vegetable crop production, medicinal plants, orchard management and ornamental horticulture etc which improves passion towards the subject.
- Emphasis on case studies and inter-personal teaching to develop skills for analytical thinking and reflective judgment by reading and discussing complex, real-life scenarios.
A branch of Agriculture where the students are taught about the forests and their maintenance and various plantation strategies. It also prepares the students for taking care of the forests and their preservation.
This programme helps students to learn about fruit, flowers, aromatic, spices and condiments and medicinal crops. This also helps in developing post harvest technologies to preserve the products and to increase the use/quality of by-products for industries.
M.Sc Agriculture (Agricultural Economics)
This two year post graduate programme in Agricultural Economics is a specialized subject of agriculture that helps participants/students to learn about the complete Economics related to the Agriculture and its developmental activities.
M.Sc Agriculture (Agronomy)
This branch of M.Sc. deals with a much deeper study of different aspects of agriculture. The main courses included in the programme are soil fertility and chemistry, entomology, physiology of plants, genetics among others.
M.Sc Agriculture (Genetics & Plant Breeding)
Genetics and plant breeding is a specialization in this post graduate agriculture programme that focuses on the plant genetics and basics of genetic engineering which can be applied for a better crop yield.
M.Sc Agriculture (Horticulture)
This programme is mainly about the plantation and cultivation of different kinds of plants. It emphasizes on large scale cultivation of vegetable plants, fruits, bushes and shrubs, or even gardens and green houses.
M.Sc. Soil Science & Agriculture Chemistry
M.Sc. in Soil Science is a 2-year postgraduate course, the minimum eligibility for admission in this programme is successful completion of graduation (B.Sc.), with a minimum aggregate score of 55%, and 1 year of relevant experience.
How to Apply
The process for application is not quite complicated. If you are unsure of the program that will be suitable for you, you can book a free session for tel-counselling; or if you have to enquire about the admissions, you can fill out the enquiry form; else, you can even submit your application for your desired program online.
- November 10, 2022
- November 9, 2022
- October 17, 2022
- October 16, 2022
- October 15, 2022
World Students’ Day is a day celebrated on the birth anniversary of former President and Indian Aerospace Scientist ‘Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’. To pay tribute to […]
- October 14, 2022