Agriculture is the backbone of the economic system of any country. Here at the School of Agriculture the students are taught various aspects of the field and prepared for theoretical as well as practical application of agriculture as a profession. It is also one of the best agricultural colleges in Haryana and enjoys very good reputation in north India.
The campus of the college is based in Hisar, Haryana which is a lush green area and ideal for the hands-on training for the field. The labs are very well equipped and there are several other facilities that are provided to the students which include a cafeteria, hostels, smart classrooms and other such amenities.
The faculty in the School of Agriculture operating under OSGU is well-trained to render these programs to the aspiring agriculturists. The focus is more on the practical training for this is done to prepare the students for the profession. The personal skills of the students such as communication skills and confidence are as well taken care of by the institute.
There are several reasons why the School of Agriculture is an ideal school for the aspiring agriculturists. A few reasons are listed as follows:
- We motivate our students to explore new ideas and apply them in their own way which build up confidence among them.
- Students will be trained to know about mitigation strategies in an efficient manner.
- Well-equipped labs with essential equipment used in research and field.
- Students are made to enhance and master knowledge of science subject, develop scientific reasoning abilities, understand the complexity and ambiguity of empirical work develop practical skills, understand the nature of science, and to cultivate interest in science with passion.
- Highly dedicated and eminent faculty from reputed Universities and Institutions.
- Focus on application of theoretical knowledge in the field to understand the importance of it, which improves the managerial skills and critical thinking.
- Students are exposed to real life rural settings to develop a sense of awareness regarding the problems of farmers and rural population, and inculcate a professional attitude in handling real-life issues/ problems.
- Live projects & demonstrations in the areas of crop production, nursery raising, organic farming, floriculture, vegetable crop production, medicinal plants, orchard management and ornamental horticulture etc which improves passion towards the subject.
- Emphasis on case studies and inter-personal based teaching to develop skills in analytical thinking and reflective judgment by reading and discussing complex, real-life scenarios.
I convey my warm greetings and wishes to all my students and colleagues. OSGU campus and community are eager to receive our new group of graduate students from various places of India in school of agriculture.
As a dean of agriculture at Om sterling global university I am very excited to share my belief about the department and eminent faculty members where everyone is dedicated towards their work. We had a goal of new wave of real life experience in academics by saying good bye to hard work studies.
We restrain students from their malicious behavior and shaping up them towards passionate academic studies. We have designed the course curriculum hard to expose students to face real life situation by making rural work experience modules where students can gain professional knowledge can fight with the combative world.
We made our university tie-up with many agricultural organizations and industries where students are made to visit to grasp the technical knowledge for their easy future placements.
I can assure that it is going to be much more pleasurable than students imagined if they would be here. We will make them to enjoy the pleasing environment with not only academics but with many more extracurricular activities by conducting many cultural and motivational programmes for bringing up their talents.
I am deeply grateful for the presence and guidance of an outstanding group of faculty and staff, who have worked tirelessly and have ensured that you will excel in your learning at agriculture.
This course helps to learn about the agriculture to make students learn about fruit, flowers, aromatic, spices and condiments and medicinal crops. This also helps in developing post harvest technologies to preserve the products and to increase the quality of by products for industries.
M.Sc Agriculture (Agricultural Economics)
This 2 year post graduate program of Agricultural Economics which is a specialized subject of agriculture helps participants/students to learn about the complete Economical Knowledge related to the Agriculture and its developmental activities..
M.Sc Agriculture (Agronomy)
This branch of M. Sc deals with a much deeper study of different aspects of agriculture. The main subjects included in the program are soil fertility and chemistry, entomology, physiology of plants, genetics among others.
M.Sc Agriculture (Genetics & Plant Breeding)
Genetics and plant breeding is a specialization in post graduate agriculture program that focuses on the plant genetics and basics of genetic engineering which can be applied for a better yield.
M.Sc Agriculture (Horticulture)
This program is majorly about the plantation and cultivation of different kinds of plants. The cultivation is done on a large scale which can be of vegetable plants, fruits, bushes and shrubs, or even gardens and green houses.
M.Sc. Soil Science & Agriculture Chemistry
M.Sc. in Soil Science is a 2-year postgraduate course, the minimum eligibility for admission to which is the successful completion of graduation (B.Sc.), with a minimum aggregate score of 55%, and 1 year of relevant experience.
How to Apply
The process for application is not quite complicated. If you are unsure of the program that will be suitable for you, you can book a free session for tel-counselling; or if you have to enquire about the admissions, you can fill out the enquiry form; else, you can even submit your application for your desired program online.
- November 7, 2020
This Five day Faculty Development Programme is organized to create a sense of confidence by inculcating communication skills. This will enable a faculty/professional not only to […]
- October 19, 2020
B. Planning & M. Planning Courses Approved by Institute of Town Planners, India Our heads are held high and hearts are filled with happiness to proclaim […]
- October 15, 2020
A role model as is implied by the term is a person whose character, work, professional and personal attributes are inspirational. People, especially young adults in […]
- October 10, 2020
B.Sc. in Forensic Science Course – Overview Have you seen crime thrillers, murder mysteries, suspense movies and found yourself intrigued watching the forensic team of experts? […]