School of Social Sciences and Humanities opened its door in the year 2019 with the inception of Om Sterling Global University. From the beginning, the school aims to make narrow disciplinary compartments, finding a linguist or an anthropologist for Historical Studies; or a demographer and an economist along with geologists or geographers for the Study of Regional Development; an Economist, a Psychologist, a sociologist and a historian in the students for Educational Studies thereby making them good citizens making a trajectory to govern life. Today, the school aims to strive for excellence, integrity and innovation in every aspect of activity; a strongly collaborative approach; open and effective communications and an inclusive culture based on dignity, courtesy and respect. It seeks to engage students in analytical, critical thinking and creative use of all forms of information, languages and communication. There is a constant endeavor to discover innovative answers to fundamental human questions, puzzles and dilemmas and to integrate rational and intuitive knowledge of complex world.
The programs that are incorporated at the school are of quality and cover various areas of the different fields. The faculties that conduct the programs are expert in their own subjects and have a great experience in teaching as well. The training takes place in such a way that the students are developed ethically and professionally both.
The institution also has tie-ups with several National as well as International level business and corporate houses which will help the students to find jobs in the related fields. Additionally, the students are also prepared to sharpen their skills to face tough career competitions.
There are several reasons why the Social Sciences and Humanities is an ideal school for the students who want to pursue studies in Education. A few reasons are listed as follows:
- To acquire knowledge about change in the prevailing and emerging Indian society in view of recent trends in education and national development.
- To identify the special needs of children and develop confidence in them to realize their potentials and abilities to meet the national development with self respect, dignity and freedom.
- To develop skills and competencies to cater to the needs of children with disabilities in general, and special class settings in particular, in cognitive, affective and skill domains.
- To equip in various techniques of teaching and evaluation in special and inclusive set up.
- The Tuition fee is affordable and could be borne by both rural and urban students.
- Students have the opportunity to access experiential learning programs through concurrent field visits, the hands on practice sessions, Workshops, Seminars, Conferences, Extension lectures, Debates and Declamation, Role plays, Group Discussion etc.
- Students enhance communication skills through Advance oral Language Lab.
- Special Personality Development classes and Interview sessions are conducted to make students employable.
- Its courses are taught by distinguished faculty from different parts of India and aim at inculcating comprehensive understanding of the works and teachings of Indian and Western thinkers and modern social science thinkers from diverse domains as well.
- For non-Hindi speakers, a special advanced English Course is introduced to equip and train students in English language.
- The School of Social Sciences and Humanities strives to manifest talents of its learners as integral thinkers, academicians, administrators, creative writers, artists, social scientists, film critics and translators and above all good human beings.
- Brainstorming session is conducting on regular basis for capacity building and developing problem solving skills.
- Indoor and outdoor sports facilities are provided for physical and mental health development for both girls and boys.
- Promote global humanities and social sciences understanding through equality education.
- Well-equipped library and central library services are provided to the students.
- English Language Club, Drama Club, Arts Club are formed to involve students in different activities. It gives them exposure and builds up their confidence.
Essential making of life constitutes the core of the vision of The School of Social Sciences and Humanities. Looking at the current global needs, The School of Social Sciences and Humanities realized the integrality of all elements in the universe and interrelatedness of lives in all forms. Tim Cook speaks about maintaining balance between science and the humanities:
If science is a search in the darkness, then the humanities are a candle that shows where we have been and the danger that lies ahead. It is technology combined with liberal arts, combined with the humanity that makes our hearts sing.
The function of Social Sciences and Humanities in general is to bring the questions of values—human and literary– in focus. Humanities and Social Sciences nurture human vision whereas sciences ascertain provision for human civilization. Both complement each other through integral approach. School of Social Sciences and Humanities is launched with this vision in view, and follows interdisciplinary and comparative approach in its courses and pedagogical processes. The curricula include foundation courses in integral education, history and philosophy, leading to specialization in Economics, Psychology, English, Fine Arts, Public policy, History, Sociology and Film studies among others. For Non-Hindi speakers, a special Advanced English Course is introduced to equip and train students in English language.
Its courses are taught by distinguished faculty from different parts of India and aim at inculcating comprehensive understanding of the works and teachings of Indian and Western thinkers and modern social science thinkers from diverse domains as well.
School of Social Sciences and Humanities has incorporated the experiential learning programs alongside the academic curriculum, which provides its students an opportunity to correlate theory with reality and imbibe the essence of integral learning. Students have the opportunity to access these experiential learning programs through concurrent field visits, the hands on practice sessions, and by honing communication skills through Advance Oral Language Lab. By these programmes, students are able to reflect and enhance their experience. The School of Social Sciences and Humanities strives to manifest talents of its learners as integral thinkers, academicians, administrators, creative writers, artists, social scientists, film critics and translators and above all good human beings.
MA Political Science
This program in political science introduces the candidates to various lessons from the history and present preparing them overall for the field. It can turn out to be one of the most interesting courses as well.
The objective of M.A. Education program is to inculcate the students with basic and specific knowledge and skills about English Literature and to expose them to the significance and applications of these subjects in our lives.
How to Apply
The process for application is not quite complicated. If you are unsure of the program that will be suitable for you, you can book a free session for tele-counselling; or if you have to enquire about the admissions, you can fill out the enquiry form; else, you can even submit your application for your desired program online.
- September 25, 2023
- September 5, 2022
You’ve completed the requirements for a Bachelor of Pharmacy degree, and you’re wondering what to do next. This is a concern for many recent B. Pharm. […]
- September 3, 2022
As the lifestyle has changed rapidly with the rapid growth in the world, we have started believing in shortcuts full of unhealthy junk food and less […]
- September 2, 2022
What is B Architecture Degree: Course, Eligibility, Admission, Fees, Scope, Career, Specialization, Subjects & More
An undergraduate architecture degree is a B Arch or Bachelor of Architecture. This five-year full-time program combines theoretical and practical knowledge to teach applicants how to […]
- September 1, 2022
What is B.Com with ACCA UK Degree: Course, Eligibility, Admission, Fees, Scope, Career, Specialization, Subjects & More
B.Com stands for Bachelor in Commerce and is dedicated to understanding Commerce and business. Now a new course has evolved in recent a time which is […]
- August 31, 2022
What is B.Sc Agriculture Degree: Course, Subjects, Fees, Scope, Career, Salary, Admission, Eligibility
B.Sc Agriculture is a degree course in agriculture and its applications. As India’s economy mainly relies on agriculture, students opting for this course can understand the […]
- August 25, 2022
Life as a lawyer is not just about studying law but also learning the core skills necessary to enter this profession. While all law students may […]
- July 5, 2022
With that in mind, here are some things you should know about the content of digital marketing courses before embarking on your new job as a […]
- June 14, 2022
Law is a field of study, research, and practice in India that applicants can pursue at the undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG), or doctorate (Ph.D.) level. Law […]
- June 13, 2022
Our country’s tourist and hospitality sectors are steadily expanding, as is the demand for hotel rooms. India is a popular tourist destination, and the benefits of […]
- June 11, 2022
A Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) can assist professionals in advancing their careers, boosting their pay, and growing in their positions. Many businesses demand an MBA […]