The Master in Public Health programme consists of four core modules that provide the essential knowledge and skills for a professional career in this specialism. Optional modules allow you to develop your interests in particular areas such as communicable disease control and advanced statistics for epidemiology. The field of public health is constantly evolving in response to the needs of communities and populations around the world. The underlying mission of public health is to improve the conditions and behaviors that affect health so that all people can attain it. That mission includes not only the practice of public health policy, but the research of public health issues and the education of future leaders who eventually will translate that research into practices and policies to improve the health of people regionally, nationally, and globally.
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge in the public health sub‐disciplines of biostatistics, epidemiology, health systems and public policy, social and behavioral sciences, and environmental health
- Apply public health concepts, principles, and methodologies obtained through formal course work to actual problems experienced in the community or work environment.
- Apply ethical standards and professional values as they relate to the practice of public health.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the social context within which public health professionals practice
- Assessment of environmental risk factors in populations through scientific information and literature research, data analysis and interpretation.
- Management of environmental health concerns through articulation in the broader context of public health, defining and evaluating preventive strategies, and collaboration on decision‐ making processes.
- Communicate environmental health information to public and professional audiences.
- Critically apply social and behavioral theory to analyze determinants and correlates public health problems at the intrapersonal, interpersonal, and community levels.
- Identify, describe, and analyze the effects of social, cultural, and behavioral factors on the health of populations.
- Analytical and assessment skills for collecting and interpreting information
- Policy planning and development skills to address public health challenges
- Communication skills for advocacy, dissemination and evaluation of public health data and information financial planning and management skills for running public health programs in the country
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge and skills to a wide range of public health topics.
- Critically conduct the situational analysis and develop action plan for identified public health issues.
- Develop workforce for taking public health related responsibilities in defined geographical areas
- Develop an understanding of the epidemiological transitions of programs specific to each state within the country to prioritize public health challenges for policy making.
MPH postgraduates can find various MPH jobs in the health sector. Both private and government hospitals, NGO, and other healthcare units prefer to have MPH graduates. MPH provides graduates with the necessary knowledge related to public health which helps them to have a better career. Below mentioned are some of the job profiles for the Master of Public Health course:
- Public Health Management Analyst
- Health Communications Specialist
- Research Scientist
- Health Resources Professional
- Professor – Public Health
- Public Relation Officer
- Senior Technical Specialist – Public Health
- Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
- Health Counselor
- Laboratory Technician
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- Graduation. Preference will be given to Bachelor of Public Health, MBBS / BDS / AYUSH / B Sc (Nursing) / B Pharm from recognized university and candidate with Hospital / Healthcare related experience.
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
How to Apply
If the program fascinates you yet you are not able to decide upon the right one to choose, you can acquire our Free Tele Counselling session. In case you have any issues or queries regarding the admission, you can fill out the Admission Enquiry form and we shall reach out to you within 24 hours. If you have made up your mind about going ahead with the program, you can fill out the Online Application Form.
- December 8, 2023
In the fast-paced realm of digital transformation, an MBA in Digital Marketing from Om Sterling Global University (OSGU) emerges as a beacon for those seeking a […]
- September 25, 2023
- September 5, 2023
- July 10, 2023
- May 1, 2023