The Post Graduate Diploma in Rehabilitation Psychology (PGDRP) programme aims to develop Special Education teachers/Educators for children with disabilities for various settings (including Inclusive, Special, Open School and Home Based Education.. PGDRP programme will prepare human resources to enable them to acquire knowledge and develop competencies and skills to impart education and training effectively to children with disability as well as all other children and this being teachers for all children, along with their rehabilitation process.
D.Ed. Special Education (IDD) is diploma program at OSGU’s School of Teacher Education has the following program objectives
- Training for rehabilitation counseling practice.
- Develop expertise in rehabilitation counseling during institutional placement
- Understand the needs of people with disabilities and perform a vital role in their personal, vocational and educational adjustment within self-advocacy and community development model.
- Create professional rehabilitation counsellors and allows registration under CRR.
- To develop budding rehabilitation psychologists
- Develop understanding of basic physical, sensory, developmental and cognitive impairments and effects such impairments have on functional performance.
- Interventions for various impairments and gain skills in communicating
- Develop Interviewing and Counselling Skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of caregiver and family burden
- Develop plans for vocational rehabilitation
- Ability to work within specific agency programs, operations, policies etc
- Ability to read and interpret psychometric reports and/or provide remedial training
- Ability to develop community engagement programmes
- To equip students with knowledge of the fundamentals of rehabilitation psychology and counselling processes
- To demonstrate the technical skills and ethical decisions appropriate for the holistic professional development in the rehabilitation field.
The course has been designed to train the teachers to teach students who are differently-abled or physically challenged. Through the course, the teachers are given theoretical and practical knowledge in terms of teaching skills methodologies, teaching pedagogy, and other skills. Through this course, the candidates can pursue their education in any of the specializations including locomotors disability, low vision, hearing impairment, visual impairment, learning disability, deaf blindness, autism, spectrum disorder, multiple disabilities and other differently challenged specialization.
- Special Teacher
- Assistant Teacher
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer Special Education
- Home Special Tutor
- Special Education Counsellor
- Special School Coordinator
- Inclusive School Coordinator
- Tran Disciplinary Team Member
- Cross Disability Team Member
- Multi Disciplinary Team Member
- Teacher and Special Educator in Integrated/Inclusive School
- Employability in government and non government sector.
- Eligible to apply teacher eligibility exam like CTET, HTET, REET
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- Bachelor’s degree (regular mode) with general psychology courses in all the three years
- Master’s degree in any branch of psychology either in regular or distance mode
- Master’s degree in counseling psychology either in regular or distance mode 5 with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate. For SC/ST/OBC category, minimum of 50% marks in aggregate is essential. Entry qualification shall be from a UGC recognized university.
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
How to Apply
You can fill-up the Admission Enquiry Form below if you have any queries regarding the admission procedure. Now, if you are unable to decide on which program to choose, feel free to reach out to us via the FREE tele-counseling session. If you have decided that you want to study Bachelor of Fine Arts and start a career in this domain then go ahead and fill-up the Online Application now.
- September 25, 2023
- September 5, 2023
- July 10, 2023
- May 1, 2023