. Career-oriented applications of knowledge, theory, and experience are an integral part of the curriculum, including biostatistics, epidemiology, research methods, dental healthcare management, and finance. A project or practicum of the student’s choice is a significant part of the program, because learning by experience teaches additional skills important in career settings. Projects may include survey design and analysis; educational program development; community program planning, implementation, and evaluation; media development; and marketing/public relations. Graduates of this program will be sufficiently trained to play an active leadership role in a wide range of career venues, including, but not limited to, public and private sector dental care delivery, dental education, research, and government. Applicants must hold a certificate in dental hygiene, dental assisting, or dental technology and should have either a bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and related experience.
The objectives of the Dental Technology Program are to produce graduates who will:
- Function as an office and clinical assistant under the supervision of a dentist in the administration of dental care to individuals of all ages.
- Function as a practitioner performing intra-oral skills under the supervision of a dentist.
- Communicate effectively with the public and dental health team members.
- Employ safety measures to prevent or alleviate potential hazards in the dental clinic environment.
- Function as a self-directed and responsible member of the dental assisting profession, within the legal scope of practice outlined for the Registered Dental Assistant.
- Appreciate the need for and importance of professional development through continuing education.
- Demonstrate patient education and management skills.
- Provide oral health instruction and counseling. Recommend home-care strategies.
- Recognize patient abilities to properly care for their teeth.
- Translate dental terminology to layman’s terms.
- Advise patients on impact of diet on oral health.
- Identify normal and pathological abnormalities of the oral structures.
- Perform extra oral tissue examinations.
- Demonstrate administrative office skills.
- Accurately review health history forms with patients.
- Practice effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Model professional conduct and appearance, and demonstrate professional behaviors consistent to the dental workplace.
- Identify and effectively manage time and resources.
- Demonstrate occupational safety skills.
- Apply current concepts of infection control and occupational safety.
- Engage and assist in the management of medical and dental emergencies and administer basic life support procedures, when indicated.
- Demonstrate proficiency in sterilizing instruments and disinfecting equipment.
- Demonstrate general chair-side skills.
- Assist in diagnostic and operative procedures. Perform clinical supportive functions during pre-treatment, treatment, and post-treatment phases.
- Demonstrate proper tray setups.
- Identify and differentiate between esthetic and restorative treatment procedures.
- Demonstrate fluency and competency dealing with legal and ethical issues.
- Practice exercising sound clinical judgment while performing duties within existing ethical and legal parameters of the clinical dental practice.
- Practice compliancy with OSHA, OR-OSHA, and HIPAA regulations.
- Demonstrate radiographic proficiencies.
- Demonstrate proper film placement for intra- and extra-oral films and expose, process, and mount radiographs of diagnostic quality.
- Effectively communicate radiographic safety techniques and concerns to patients and peers and acquire maximum diagnostic yield with minimal exposure to radiation.
- Demonstrate dental and laboratory sciences skills.
- Apply knowledge of basic dental sciences in professional setting, use correct dental terminology, take alginate impressions, and complete laboratory procedures, including pouring and trimming molds and study casts.
The employment opportunities for a Dental Assistant are plenty, with both the Government and the Private sectors offering a range of job profiles and job opportunities. Among some of the top areas of employment for Dental Assistants include:
- Government Hospitals
- Private Hospitals
- Government Dental Clinics
- Private Dental Clinics
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- B.Sc. in concerned discipline.
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
The syllabus of the programme plays a major role in how the students turn out for the profession. The syllabi drafted by the School of Para Medical Sciences are detailed and cover the necessary components to ensure a complete and overall education of the students. Given below is the syllabus for M.Sc. in Dental Technology.
|03.||Applied General Physiology|
|01.||Physical and Social Anthropology|
|05.||Public Health Education|
|06.||Nutrition in Public Health|
|07.||Health Care delivery System|
|01.||Dental Public health|
|02.||English & Communication Skills|
|03.||Delivery of dental Care|
|04.||Evaluation of Quality of Dental care|
|03.||Oral Medicine & Radiology|
|05.||Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
How to Apply
If the program fascinates you yet you are not able to decide upon the right one to choose, you can acquire our Free Tele Counselling session. In case you have any issues or queries regarding the admission, you can fill out the Admission Enquiry form and we shall reach out to you within 24 hours. If you have made up your mind about going ahead with the program, you can fill out the Online Application Form.
- November 10, 2022
- November 9, 2022
- October 17, 2022
- October 16, 2022
- October 15, 2022
World Students’ Day is a day celebrated on the birth anniversary of former President and Indian Aerospace Scientist ‘Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’. To pay tribute to […]
- October 14, 2022