A Master of Hospital Administration programme prepares students for work in healthcare as policy experts, decision makers, consultants or managers. Students may be able to specialize in areas such as management, policy, finance, information technology or quality control. Some programmes may offer a residency or practicum opportunity that allows students to practice the skills they learn in real healthcare environments. Individuals can usually complete their studies in about two years. A Master of Health Administration programme provides students with the opportunity to become well-versed in all areas of administration and management within the healthcare field. Students learn how to manage a healthcare facility, from daily operations and money management to patient care. Common programme topics include:
- Healthcare economics
- Healthcare law and ethics
- Medical facility management concepts
- Patient care quality control
- Human resource management
- Healthcare information systems
The MHA program fosters the development of its students’ computer skills by providing them with continuous access to the most current suite software, to financial databases, to specialized business software, as well as to the Internet and electronic mail
- The MHA Program is dedicated to advancing the field of healthcare management through formative and inspired curricular design that includes:
- A team-teaching approach that incorporates industry practitioners
- Practice-based skills and knowledge development by applying evidence-based practice and practice-based evidence (guidance first, then active learning by doing)
- Experiential learning opportunities with healthcare community engagement
- Inter-professional education with health professions students from clinical disciplines
- Networking and mentoring opportunities with healthcare executive.
- The MHA Program aspires to cultivate leaders who will enrich healthcare institutions to provide the highest quality of patient care by being:
- Active stewards of resources
- Creative, innovative, critical, and forward thinkers
- Change agents
- Ethical, self-directed, accountable, and collaborative
- Professional and culturally competent individuals who are committed to lifelong learning
- Students will possess the knowledge and ability to apply current business and financial principles, including theory and techniques, to the health care environment.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and concisely within context of professional heath care environments.
- Students will exhibit the knowledge regarding various attributes of leadership and demonstrate the capacity for leadership roles in health care organizations.
- Students will understand the ethical implications of decision-making and recognize ethical dilemmas.
- Students will understand health care issues, trends and perspectives related to diversity, e.g., aging, underserved populations, health disparities, etc.
- Students will understand the regulatory environment and apply skills that improve patient safety and the quality of care.
A Master of Health Administration (MHA) degree can help individuals to advance in the field of healthcare management and increase his or her earning potential and job opportunities. Graduates could be prepared to work in this growing and continually changing field where leaders are needed who can solve these problems and find new solutions. Individuals may find work in a variety of facilities and organizations, including hospitals, medical practices, health insurance companies and community health organizations. Possible job titles include:
- Clinic operations director
- Hospital administrator
- Department head
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Operations Officer
- Facilities Manager
- Group Practice Administrator
- Nurse Manager
- Operations Manager
- Program Manager
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical/BPT/BSc Nursing (Basic or Post Basic)/BPharm/BSc in Allied Health Sciences/Bachelor degree in Arts/ Commerce/Science/Law from a recognized University.
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
The syllabus of the program plays a major role in how the students turn out for the profession. The syllabi drafted by the School of Para Medical Sciences are detailed and cover the necessary components to ensure a complete and overall education of the students. Given below is the syllabus for M..Sc. in Hospital Organization.
|01.||Principles of Hospital Administration|
|02.||Basic Biological Science|
|04.||Health Care Management & Hospital Environment|
|05.||Information Technology for Managers|
|06.||Basic Biological Science -Practical|
|07.||Health Care Management & Hospital Environment – Practical|
|08.||Information Technology for Managers – Practical|
|01.||Health Care Economics|
|03.||Biomedical Waste Management|
|04.||Human Resource Management|
|05.||Hospital Service Marketing|
|06.||Information Technology Practical|
|07.||Biomedical Waste Management – Practical|
|08.||Hospital Service Marketing Practical|
|03.||Hospital Material Management|
|04.||Hospital Management Information System|
|05.||Hospital Accounting System|
|06.||Medical and Health Law|
|07.||Total Quality Management|
|05.||Hospital Equipment Management System|
How to Apply
If the program fascinates you yet you are not able to decide upon the right one to choose, you can acquire our Free Tele Counselling session. In case you have any issues or queries regarding the admission, you can fill out the Admission Enquiry form and we shall reach out to you within 24 hours. If you have made up your mind about going ahead with the program, you can fill out the Online Application Form.
- January 29, 2023
- December 7, 2022