Optometry is a healthcare profession that is autonomous, educated, and licensed. The School of Paramedical Sciences is a top M.Sc. Optometry college in Hisar, Haryana. It operates under OSGU and is one of the best optometry colleges in India. Optometrists are the primary healthcare practitioners of the eye and visual system who provide comprehensive eye and vision care.
The curriculum includes refraction and dispensing, detection/diagnosis and management of disease in the eye, and the rehabilitation conditions of the visual system. The faculty at the school ensures that the students get the best of education and required training for their profession
The M.Sc. in Optometry is a program offered by OSGU that drafted with the following objectives:
- To make the student a competent eye care professional who will be part of the eye care team and actively participate in the co-management of eye disorders along with Ophthalmologists.
- To assist the student in acquiring in-depth knowledge in various subspecialties of Optometry.
- To introduce new and more precise techniques into the investigation and correction of vision related problems in patients.
- To take up India centric research in specialized fields of vision care like community eye care, occupational optometry, sports vision, pediatric and geriatric eye disorders.
On successful completion of Master’s in Optometry program, the Optometry professional will be able to take up Optometry teaching assignments independently for undergraduate teaching program. They will be able to prepare project proposal with selected research design and interpret the evaluated outcome measures (using sound data processing techniques and statistical methods). They will be able to practice in their specialty area with advanced knowledge and skills.
The paramedic aspirants from OSGU; the best Paramedic college in Hisar, Haryana are prone to higher and better quality of career opportunities in the field. When the programme has been completed, the potential candidates with their given skill set and aptitude scores, can enter either of the following career paths:
- Refractionists and theatre assistant
- Optical / contact lens companies
- Academic Institutes
- Optical Manufacturing Industry
- Public Health Centers
- Jobs in Private Sector
- Government Hospitals
- Defense Services
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- B.Sc. in concerned discipline.
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
The syllabus of the programme plays a major role in how the students turn out for the profession. The syllabi drafted by the School of Para Medical Sciences are detailed and cover the necessary components to ensure a complete and overall education of the students. Given below is the syllabus for M.Sc. in Optometry
|01.||Epidemiology and Community Eye Care|
|02.||Community Optometry & Public Health|
|03.||Ocular Diseases & Diagnostic- I|
|04.||Ocular Disease and Diagnostic- I -Practical|
|05.||Recent Advances in Optometry Practical|
|06.||Seminar/ Case Presentations|
|01.||Ocular Diseases & Diagnostic -II|
|02.||Advance Contact Lens|
|03.||Binocular Vision & Pediatric Optometry|
|04.||Low Vision Care & Geriatric Optometry|
|05.||Ocular Disease & Diagnostic – II -Practical|
|06.||Advance Contact Lens – Practical|
|07.||Binocular Vision & Pediatric Optometry – Practical|
|08.||Low Vision Care & Geriatric Optometry – Practical|
|01.||Low Vision Care & Rehabilitation|
|03.||Advanced Dispensing Optics|
|04.||Low Vision Care & Rehabilitation – Practical|
|05.||Vision Therapy – Practical|
|06.||Advanced Dispensing Optics – Practical|
|08.||Project Work- I|
|02.||Project Work- II|
How to Apply
If the program fascinates you yet you are not able to decide upon the right one to choose, you can acquire our Free Tele Counselling session. In case you have any issues or queries regarding the admission, you can fill out the Admission Enquiry form and we shall reach out to you within 24 hours. If you have made up your mind about going ahead with the program, you can fill out the Online Application Form.
- January 29, 2023
- December 7, 2022