M.Sc. in Nutrition and Dietetics is a 2-year full-time post graduate divided across 4 semesters. It has been designed to impart to eligible candidates requisite skills in:
- Critical evaluation through an integration of nutrition, dietetics, and research.
- Interaction with patients and students.
- Hands-on training in hospitals, in association with dieticians and clinicians.
- Advanced diet therapy.
- Participating in symposiums, research projects, and conferences in Nutrition & Dietetics.
- Forging a connection between medicine, chemistry, and food, focusing on the good and bad effects of alimentation on the human body.
A balanced diet is about prevention of bodily diseases, since a poor diet leads to imbalances in the human body. Obesity and chronic illnesses, hence, are the most popular specializations in the field of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Provide graduate-level knowledge in medical nutrition therapy, foodservice management, and community nutrition for students who are training to become Registered Dietitians.
- Introduce the research process that informs the profession of dietetics.
- Develop communication skills to allow graduates to provide nutrition information to professionals and the public.
- To impart knowledge and develop capacities of the students in the area of Clinical Nutrition.
- To develop students to become health care professionals for services in various fields of clinical nutrition and related areas such as hospitals, academics, research, industry, community service.
- To develop capacities and abilities and enable them to pursue higher education and research in Clinical Nutrition and Food Science.
- Apply foundational sciences to food and nutrition knowledge to meet the needs of individuals, groups, and organizations.
- Apply and integrate client/patient-centered principles and competent nutrition and dietetics practice to ensure positive outcomes.
- Apply food systems principles and management skills to ensure safe and efficient delivery of food and water.
- Apply community and population nutrition health theories when providing support to community or population nutrition programs.
- Demonstrate leadership, business and management principles to guide practice and achieve operational goals.
- Integrate evidence-informed practice, research principles and critical thinking into practice.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors and effective communication in all nutrition and dietetics interactions.
- Practice in medical and dental schools as resident Dietitian/ Nutritionist or as educators.
- Food Safety Officers who understand composition, quality and safety of foods as well as properties of food ingredients.
- Areas demanding proficiency w.r.t. metabolism and utilization of nutrients for healing and fighting diseases.
- Areas requiring advanced understanding of the influences of exercise and fitness in food.
- Nutrition-based communities including rehabilitation centers, schools, colleges, hospitals, research facilities, public health clinics, etc.
- Organizations who majorly deal in Food Products.
- Management and operation of food service facilities including cafeterias, airlines, etc.
- Dietetics consultants for wellness programs for those recovering from maternity, renal disorders, pediatric requirements and other unique nutrition related physical conditions.
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- Bachelors in Nutrition & Dietetics.
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
How to Apply
If the program fascinates you yet you are not able to decide upon the right one to choose, you can acquire our Free Tele Counselling session. In case you have any issues or queries regarding the admission, you can fill out the Admission Enquiry form and we shall reach out to you within 24 hours. If you have made up your mind about going ahead with the program, you can fill out the Online Application Form.
- June 24, 2022
The government of India has announced the Agneepath scheme for the recruitment of the youth of India in the Indian Armed Forces. More Details Click Here
- June 14, 2022
Law is a field of study, research, and practice in India that applicants can pursue at the undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG), or doctorate (Ph.D.) level. Law […]
- June 13, 2022
Our country’s tourist and hospitality sectors are steadily expanding, as is the demand for hotel rooms. India is a popular tourist destination, and the benefits of […]
- June 11, 2022
A Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) can assist professionals in advancing their careers, boosting their pay, and growing in their positions. Many businesses demand an MBA […]
- June 8, 2022
Computer Science Engineering (CSE) is a popular educational course that emphasizes computer programming and networking fundamentals. Many engineering students have chosen this specialization because it helps […]
- May 19, 2022
- April 25, 2022
- April 22, 2022
- April 21, 2022
We observe that today the business has become more complex and challenging on account of the permeation of ICT in all sectors of the economy. […]
- April 21, 2022
Critical Analysis of the Failure of Air India Limited: A Case Study INTRODUCTION In India, the civil aviation industry has emerged as one of the country’s […]