MSc Mathematics is a two-year postgraduate program in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar, Haryana which is being divided into four semesters. This degree has been awarded to those who complete the program. In this course students get a deep insight into pure and applied mathematics also it caters the need of practical knowledge of mathematics through the experimental practice. The students become more skilled and specialized in a particular subject after the master degree program. In this course, students learn about different tools that develop the skill of the students in different areas. Students learn about the problem-solving skills and reasoning skills which helps them to solve the real-life problems. The course is designed in such a way that covers the requirements of CSIR NET-JRF and the industry. Student get knowledge about core subject as well as skill based subjects like different software’s, modeling, dissertation writing etc. For the students who wants to complete their MPhil./PhD in Mathematics, this course provides them an opportunity to acquire as well as develop the required skill and expertise relevant to their research interests.
The M. Sc. in Mathematics degree program at School of Applied Sciences (SAS), Om Sterling Global University, Hisar, has the following program objectives
- Students shall be able to develop and demonstrate the understanding of global environment and relate scientific issues to the broader social, economic, legal, cultural and environmental contexts
- Students shall be able to develop and apply understanding to analyze and formulate scientific approach for solving real life problems
- Students shall be able to acquire a combination of theoretical, conceptual, analytical, computational, and experimental knowledge and skills in the field of mathematical sciences
- Students shall be able to analyse the scientific information and infer the results for successful and productive careers or advance studies/research in the field of mathematical sciences.
- Students shall be able to compile the skill set to design and develop mathematical models and products
- Students shall be able to assess and compare the scientific information to enable them to effectively participate and contribute to the society
- Students shall be able to demonstrate professional attitudes, effective communication and behavioral skills that support and enhance individual’s performance
- Students shall be able to develop professional ethics and academic integrity and demonstrate these as an individual/ team member/ leader in diverse teams
- Students shall be able to critically evaluate and reflect learning and development throughout their career
- The student will have the ability to use a confident familiarity with a broad range of appropriate information technology skills in order to communicate effectively using graphical techniques, reports and presentations within a scientific environment. Ability to use and apply professional software for scientific data analysis
- The student will have the ability to apply the knowledge of mathematical sciences, their fundamentals and specialization to the solution of complex science problems.
- The student will have the ability to identify, define and analyze scientific problems and identify or create processes to solve them competently use appropriate field and techniques for the study of advance scientific problems/challenges
- The student will have the ability to use and apply core scientific principles and techniques to facilitate problem solving in scientific fields. Ability to respond effectively to unfamiliar problems in scientific contexts
- The student will have the ability to communicate effectively on complex activities with the scientific community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports ,research papers and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- The student will have the ability to apply ethical principles and demonstrate to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the Science & Technology practice.
The career path to M. Sc. Mathematics is paved with numerous amazing opportunities that lead to happy and successful life. Along with great engineers, lawyers, doctors, and scientists the world also needs top-notch experts in mathematics who possess a great understanding of mathematics and its relevant methodologies. By completing this 2-year course of M. Sc. Mathematics from Om Sterling Global University, Hisar, Haryana students will be made acquainted with an ever-growing career whose real-time applications are limitless.
Now, as per the skills, interest, and aptitude attained, a professional in M. Sc. Mathematics can opt for:
- Go for MPhil./Ph.D. degree
- Data Analyst
- Investment Analyst
- Operational Research
- Research Scientist (Mathematics)
- Jobs in Teaching and Education
- Intelligence Analysis
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- Bachelor Degree in Science with relevant subject.
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
The program syllabus of M. Sc. Mathematics has been made in such a way that it takes care of the holistic growth of a student. Along with equal emphasis on theoretical and practical aspects of study; Om Sterling Global University also focuses on providing personality development classes along with communication and skills development classes; as these are a must in top colleges like us. With these programs, a student can excel at any interview and can become an HR professional’s favorite candidate. With us your success is guaranteed.
|03.||Vector Analysis and Mechanics|
|01.||Advanced Linear Algebra|
|02.||Advanced Graph Theory and Combinatorics|
|03.||Real Analysis and Measure Theory|
|04.||Special Functions and Integral Equations|
|02.||Inequality and Continued Fractions|
|03.||Basics of MATLAB|
How to Apply
You can fill-up the Admission Enquiry Form below if you have any queries regarding the admission procedure of M. Sc. in Mathematics. Now, if you are unable to decide on which program to choose, feel free to reach out to us via the FREE tele-counseling option. If you have decided that you must pursue M. Sc. in Mathematics and start a rewarding career in the process then don’t wait anymore! Go ahead and fill-up the Online Application now.
- June 24, 2022
The government of India has announced the Agneepath scheme for the recruitment of the youth of India in the Indian Armed Forces. More Details Click Here
- June 14, 2022
Law is a field of study, research, and practice in India that applicants can pursue at the undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG), or doctorate (Ph.D.) level. Law […]
- June 13, 2022
Our country’s tourist and hospitality sectors are steadily expanding, as is the demand for hotel rooms. India is a popular tourist destination, and the benefits of […]
- June 11, 2022
A Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) can assist professionals in advancing their careers, boosting their pay, and growing in their positions. Many businesses demand an MBA […]
- June 8, 2022
Computer Science Engineering (CSE) is a popular educational course that emphasizes computer programming and networking fundamentals. Many engineering students have chosen this specialization because it helps […]
- May 19, 2022
- April 25, 2022
- April 22, 2022
- April 21, 2022
We observe that today the business has become more complex and challenging on account of the permeation of ICT in all sectors of the economy. […]
- April 21, 2022
Critical Analysis of the Failure of Air India Limited: A Case Study INTRODUCTION In India, the civil aviation industry has emerged as one of the country’s […]