Master of Food Technology is a full-time two-year postgraduate course designed for the fundamental understanding of the production of food, its packaging and its hygiene. The course also introduces the understanding of nutrition constituent in different types of food and activities which are involved in preserving, processing and manufacturing of food.
At OSGU student will be able to develop the ability to extract information pertinent to unfamiliar problems through literature survey and experiments, apply appropriate research methodologies, techniques and tools, design, conduct experiments, analyze, and interpret data.
- Provide students with theoretical knowledge and practical abilities required to work in the food industry, research centers, and food-related national and international organizations
- To make the students competent in developing the foods of the future by utilizing technologies such as food fermentations, applications of enzymes in food processing, food product development, nutraceuticals, nutritional and functional foods
- To impart an understanding of modern food processing and profound knowledge of technology associated with the development of healthy and safe foods.
The M.Sc. food technology programme will equip the students with in-depth knowledge of the scientific and technical approaches which are required to understand the nature of raw food materials. It will help students to develop critical research skills and a passion for developing new techniques to improve food processing and production.
- Academia & Research Institutes
- Food Packaging
- Production industry
- Teaching and research
- Food Technologist
- Production Manager
- Sales manager
- Food Technologist
- Purchase Manger
- Lab Supervisor
The eligibility criteria will vary depending on various factors. Provided below are the criteria that need to met for the given course.
For National Students
- The eligibility criterion for all programs for international applicants is minimum 50 % in the qualifying examination and having studied the pre-required subjects for admission in the desired program.
For International Students
- The eligibility criteria for all programs for international applicants are a minimum 55% in the qualifying examination and having studied the pre-requisite subjects for admission in to the desired program.
|02.||Food Industrial Microbiology|
|04.||Instrumentation and Analytical Techniques|
|06.||Communication Skills and personality development|
|07.||Fundamentals of Food Preservation and Processing|
|08.||Fundamentals of Food Preservation and Processing practical|
|09.||Normal and clinical Nutrition practical|
|02.||Nutraceuticals and Health Foods|
|04.||Food Packaging Technology|
|05.||Food Packaging Technology (Practical)|
|06.||Principal of Food Engineering|
|07.||Quality control and food Laws|
|08.||Processing of Milk Products|
|09.||Processing of Milk Products Practical|
|01.||Cereal, Legume, and Oilseed Processing Technology|
|02.||Lab in Cereal, Legume, and Oilseed Processing Technology|
|03.||Post Harvest Technology of Horticulture Crops|
|04.||Processing of Meat, Fish and Poultry Products|
|05.||Food Product Development and International Trade|
|06.||Lab in Food Product Development and International Trade|
|01.||Food Fermentation and Microbial Technology|
|02.||Food Product Development|
|04.||Lab in Beverage Technology|
How to Apply
You can fill-up the Admission Enquiry Form given below if you have any queries regarding the admission procedure of M. Sc. in Home Science. Now, if you are unable to decide on which programme to choose, feel free to reach out to us via the FREE tele-counseling option. If you have decided that you must pursue M.Sc. in Home Science and start a highly rewarding career, then go ahead and fill-up the Online Application now.
- September 25, 2023
- September 5, 2023
- July 10, 2023
- May 1, 2023