The three-year Cardiovascular Technology Diploma programme provides you with the essential knowledge and technical skills required to perform electrocardiograms, exercise tolerance tests and ambulatory monitoring in the role of a cardiovascular technologist. Cardiovascular Technologist assists cardiologists with invasive and noninvasive diagnostic and therapeutic interventional procedures. Catheterization involves inserting a small tube, known as a catheter, into a patient’s blood vessel and then into the heart. The procedure is done to determine whether the patient has a blood vessel blockage or heart disease. The procedure also involves balloon angioplasty, valvoplasty, closure of congenital defects, pacemaker implantation, vascular diagnosis and interventions etc. Cardiovascular technologists prepare patients for invasive heart procedures, monitor the patient’s blood pressure and heart rate with ECG equipment, notify the cardiologist immediately of any changes in the patient condition as well as assist the cardiologist during the procedures. Moreover, they can perform noninvasive diagnostic procedures like echocardiography, Holter and treadmill exercise testing under supervision Professionals in this field work closely with patients to diagnose cardiac conditions. Emphasizing a hands-on approach through in-class clinical simulation and clinical practice, this programme is aligned with the competencies outlined by the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists (CSCT) National Occupational Competency Profile (NOCP). Areas of focus include performing various non-invasive cardiac testing such as:
- stress testing
- ambulatory monitoring
- pacemaker follow-up
Student develops critical thinking by integrating knowledge of cardiac anatomy, pharmacology and various pathophysiologies to provide accurate diagnostic information to members of the health care team.
- This programme enables candidates to evolve into a full trained, qualified cardiovascular technologist capable of working independently.
- Following this programme, candidates become well-versed in techniques such as cardiac catheterization, Electrocardiography, Echocardiography and ultrasound instrumentation.
- Graduate will integrate knowledge and skills of cardiovascular technology to provide healthcare solutions for the benefit of the society.
- Following this programme, candidates become well-prepared for working in a team associated with assisting cardiac surgeons and cardiologists in a high-pressure hospital environments.
- Graduate will be cognizant and responsive to the cardiovascular care of the community and possess a commitment to continuously improve knowledge and abilities.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate leadership qualities and entrepreneur skills by working and communicating effectively in interdisciplinary environment, either independently or in a team.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of human cardiovascular system in the management of cardiovascular related disorders.
- Plan and implement clinical and scientific activities related to the profession of cardiovascular technology.
- Identify and solve complex problems arising during cardiovascular care of the patients.
- Utilize modern tools and techniques in the arena of cardiovascular technology for patient compliance.
- Act efficiently as a leader in various inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary health care communities.
- Apply the knowledge and skills to assess societal and legal issues related to cardiovascular care of the patients.
- Understand the impact of the cardiovascular technology in societal andenvironmental contexts to provide innovative solutions.
- Imbibe ethical practices and moral values in personal and professional endeavors.
- Write, interpret and communicate effectively and scientifically.
- Use modern tools and techniques for the efficient management of cardiovascular diseases.
- Tackle future challenges through lifelong learning.
Candidates typically work independently as qualified cardiovascular technologist to become an integral member of cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology laboratory teams. Multispecialty hospitals often hire CVT professionals where they assist the Physicians as cardiovascular Technicians, Eco-Cardiographers, Cardiac Sonographers, Cardiac electrophysiology specialists etc. Upon successful completion of this programme, positions are available in Multispecialty hospitals, cardiologist clinics, medical laboratories and imaging centers. Due to excessive growth in lifestyle related diseases in India, there is always a huge demand for Cardiovascular Technologists. Some of the important scopes are given below:
- Academic Institutes
- Healthcare offices
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Mentally disabled Centre
- Rehabilitation Centre
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- 10th or its equivalent.
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
The program syllabus of Diploma in Dental Assistant has been diligently drafted in such a way that it takes care of the holistic growth of an aspiring student. Along with equal emphasis on theoretical and practical characteristics of study; Om Sterling Global University also focuses on providing the best skills and personality development classes as these are a must in top diploma colleges like us. With these diploma programs in hand, a student can excel at any time in an interview and can become a HR Professional’s favorite candidate in the process.
|04.||Biomedical Waste Management|
|03.||Fundamentals of Computer|
|04.||Pharmacology related to cardiac technology|
|07.||Fundamentals of Computer Lab|
|04.||General Medicine and Surgery|
|05.||Basic electrocardiography Lab|
|06.||Advance Electrocardiography Lab|
|01.||Cardiac catheterization laboratory basics|
|02.||Cardiac catheterization laboratory advanced|
|04.||Orientation in Para Clinic Science|
|05.||Cardiac catheterization laboratory basics Lab|
|06.||Cardiac catheterization laboratory advanced Lab|
|07.||Clinical science Lab|
|01.||Cardiac Care Technology Applied|
|02.||Basic cardiac care technology|
|03.||Basics Cardiac evaluation and therapies|
|04.||Cardiac Care Technology Applied Lab|
|05.||Basic cardiac care technology Lab|
|06.||Basics Cardiac evaluation and Therapies Lab|
|01.||Basic Intensive Care|
|02.||Cardiac evaluation and therapies -I|
|03.||Cardiac evaluation and therapies -II|
|04.||Basic Intensive Care Lab|
|05.||Cardiac evaluation and therapies –I Lab|
|06.||Cardiac evaluation and therapies –II Lab|
How to Apply
You can fill-up the Admission Enquiry Form below if you have any queries regarding the admission procedure of Diploma in Optometry. Now, if you are unable to decide on which program to choose, feel free to reach out to us via the FREE tele-counseling option. If you have decided that you must pursue Diploma in Optometry and start a rewarding career in the on-going process then go ahead and fill-up the Online Application now.
- September 25, 2023
- September 5, 2023
- July 10, 2023
- May 1, 2023