D.Ed. Special Education (V.I.) is a full time diploma program at OM Sterling Global University, Hisar Haryana. The D.Ed. Special Education (V.I.) Program will prepare human resources to enable them to acquire knowledge and develop competencies and skills to impart education and training effectively to children with disability as well as other children and thus being teacher for all children .The domain offers numerous career opportunities to aspiring students they can choose to become a special education teacher and general teacher.
D.Ed. Special Education (V.I) is diploma program at OSGU’s School of Teacher Education has the following program objectives
- Acquire an understanding of nature and needs of children with blindness and low vision.
- Describe psycho-social and education and educational implications of blindness and low vision.
- Acquire and ability to use methods of teaching various school subjects to children with blindness and low vision.
- Gain proficiency in the ore of special equipment needed by children with blindness and low vision for their education, acquire competences of Teaching various expanded core curriculum skills and activities to children with Blindness and Low Vision.
- Acquire the content knowledge and pedagogically skills of teaching school subjects.
- Develop an understanding of varying disabilities and their implication.
- Gain Knowledge of Typical Growth and development of learners and realize the psychological aspects influencing learning and education.
- Be aware of the underlying philosophies, evolutionary practices and the policy provision facilitating education of children with disabilities.
- Realize the importance and role of family and community as a catalyst in the education of children with disabilities.
The Diploma Course in Special Education aims to develop professionals for special education within a broad
framework of education in the present context. The course will enable pre-service teachers to acquire
knowledge, develop competencies and practice skills to impart education to children with disabilities.
On the completion of programme would be able to teach in primary special school regular inclusive/special school at elementary level, work in early Intervention centre at preschool setting and Home based Teaching. Some of the career options which the candidate pursuing a diploma in D. Ed in Special Education can opt for are
- Special Teacher
- Assistant Teacher
- Lecturer Special Education
- Home Special Tutor
- Special Education Counsellor
- Special School Coordinator
- Inclusive School Coordinator
- Tran Disciplinary Team Member
- Cross Disability Team Member
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- 10+2 or its equivalent.
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
How to Apply
You can fill-up the Admission Enquiry Form below if you have any queries regarding the admission procedure. Now, if you are unable to decide on which program to choose, feel free to reach out to us via the FREE tele-counseling session. If you have decided that you want to study Bachelor of Fine Arts and start a career in this domain then go ahead and fill-up the Online Application now.
- November 10, 2022
- November 9, 2022
- October 17, 2022
- October 16, 2022
- October 15, 2022
World Students’ Day is a day celebrated on the birth anniversary of former President and Indian Aerospace Scientist ‘Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’. To pay tribute to […]
- October 14, 2022