D.Ed. Special Education (H.I.) is a full time diploma program at OM Sterling Global University, Hisar Haryana. The D.Ed. Special Education (H.I.) Program will prepare human resources to enable them to acquire knowledge and develop competencies and skills to impart education and training effectively to children with disability as well as other children and thus being teacher for all children .The domain offers numerous career opportunities to aspiring students they can choose to become a special education teacher and general teacher.
D.Ed. Special Education (H.I) is diploma program at OSGU’s School of Teacher Education has the following program objectives
- Develop an understanding of varying disabilities and their implications;
- Lear about growth and development and the psychological aspects influencing learning and education;
- Learn about educational philosophies, practices and the policy for children with disabilities;
- Understand factors of inclusive education and role of family and community in the education of children with disabilities;
- Understand needs of Children with Hearing Impairment
- Describe Psycho-Social and educational implications of Hearing Impairment;
- Gain ability to use methods of teaching to children with Hearing Impairment;
- Gain proficiency in the use of special equipment needed by children with Hearing Impairment for their education;
- Acquire competencies of teaching and activities to children with Hearing Impairment
- To identification of various disabilities and their associated conditions
- Identify learners with Hearing and Speech disabilities
- Providing guidance and counseling to parents and guardians and facilitate about various legislations and policies creating awareness
- Prepare students for assessment and identification of learners with hearing impairment
- Interventional strategies of addressing learning styles and preferences.
- Prepare and motivate students with hearing impairment to educate.
- Provide his/her service in govt./ngo (SSA, IEDSS, UNICEF)
- Eligible to apply teacher eligibility exam like CTET, HTET, REET
- Assist students to develop speech and language disorder
On the completion of programme would be able to teach in primary special school regular inclusive/special school at elementary level, work in early Intervention centre at preschool setting and Home based Teaching. Some of the career options which the candidate pursuing a diploma in D. Ed in Special Education can opt for are
- Special Teacher
- Assistant Teacher
- Lecturer Special Education
- Home Special Tutor
- Special Education Counsellor
- Special School Coordinator
- Inclusive School Coordinator
- Tran Disciplinary Team Member
- Cross Disability Team Member
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- 10+2 or its equivalent.
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
How to Apply
You can fill-up the Admission Enquiry Form below if you have any queries regarding the admission procedure. Now, if you are unable to decide on which program to choose, feel free to reach out to us via the FREE tele-counseling session. If you have decided that you want to study Bachelor of Fine Arts and start a career in this domain then go ahead and fill-up the Online Application now.
- January 29, 2023
- December 7, 2022