Bachelor in Respiratory therapy technology is a 3 year full-time degree programme at Om Sterling Global University. Respiratory Therapy is an allied health field involved in the assessment and treatment of breathing disorders including chronic lung problems, such as asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and the respiratory components of acute multi-systemic conditions such as heart attacks and stroke. Respiratory Therapy is one of the new branches of healthcare studies. It did not exist as a separate stream even a few decades ago. The duration of the programme is three years and it is an important and job orienting in nature that opens many career scopes after having passed it.
The growing popularity of Respiratory therapy technology has been drawing several paramedical enthusiasts towards the career. One of the best colleges for B.Sc. Respiratory therapy technology is School of Paramedical Sciences in Hisar, Haryana which operates under Om Sterling Global University.
The specific educational objectives of the programme aim at favoring the following competencies:
- To study the Foundation Respiratory therapy technology
- To improve the knowledge through clinical exposure and research.
- To study in depth about Respiratory therapy and develop expertise in the subject.
- Develop and learn efficient teaching techniques to become an ideal teacher.
- Ascertaining and monitoring the needs of patients while operating in a comprehensive fashion so as to guarantee physical, psychological and social well-being.
- Motivating the choices of intervention according to criteria of scientific evidence.
- Collaborating in activities of clinical research and training.
A skilled Respiratory Technologist is capable of carrying out tasks such as – Giving medication, Monitoring relevant equipment Carrying out tests Monitoring rehabilitation of patients He/she is trained in areas such as
- Clinical Respiratory Technology
- Applied Respiratory Technology
- Advanced Respiratory Technology
The programme trains students and turns them into skilled respiratory care technologists. The program thus generates a skilled allied healthcare work force in India.
B.Sc. Respiratory Therapy is one of the more lucrative options under the Allied Health Science courses in terms of one’s career growth and development. Being an allied health science graduate, you will be able to pursue a career in different healthcare industries as well. Here are some of the job profiles and areas of employment that one would be able to pursue after graduating from B.Sc. Respiratory Therapy.
- Respiratory Therapist
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Specialist
- Product Manager
- Consultant Respiratory Therapist
- Clinical Respiratory Therapist
- Product Specialist
Some of the different areas of employment applicable to a graduate of B.Sc. Respiratory Therapy include:
- Government and Private Hospitals
- Academic Institutes
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent in science stream
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
|01.||General Anatomy- I|
|07.||General Physiology-I Practical|
|08.||General Biochemistry Practical|
|09.||Computer Applications Practical|
|01.||General Anatomy- II|
|05.||Introduction to Health Care/First Aid|
|06.||General Anatomy- II Practical|
|07.||General Physiology-II Practical|
|08.||Introduction to Health Care/First Aid Practical|
|03.||Introduction of Respiratory Disease|
|07.||Introduction of Respiratory Disease -Practical|
|03.||Introduction of Respiratory Care Technology|
|04.||Patient Care and Basic Nursing|
|05.||Applied Pathology – Practical|
|06.||Applied Microbiology Practical|
|07.||Introduction of Respiratory Care Technology – Practical|
|08.||Patient Care and Basic Nursing Practical|
|01.||Basic Respiratory Care Technology|
|02.||Basics of Medical Disorders|
|03.||Basic Intensive Care|
|04.||Respiratory Therapeutics and Monitoring|
|05.||Chest Physical Therapy and Pulmonary Rehabilitation|
|06.||Basic Respiratory Care Technology Practical|
|07.||Basic of Medical Disorders – Practical|
|08.||Respiratory Therapeutics and Monitoring -Practical|
|01.||Respiratory Care Technology Clinical|
|02.||Pulmonary Function Testing|
|03.||Respiratory Care Technology Applied|
|04.||Research Methodology & Biostatistics|
|05.||Respiratory Care Technology Clinical -Practical|
|06.||Respiratory Care Technology Applied -Practical|
|07.||Clinical Posting (Orientation)|
|08.||Project Work- I|
|01.||Special Internship with Research Project|
How to Apply
If the program fascinates you yet you are not able to decide upon the right one to choose, you can acquire our Free Tele Counselling session. In case you have any issues or queries regarding the admission, you can fill out the Admission Enquiry form and we shall reach out to you within 24 hours. If you have made up your mind about going ahead with the program, you can fill out the Online Application Form.
- September 25, 2023
- September 5, 2023
- July 10, 2023
- May 1, 2023