Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Zoology is one of the most popular undergraduate programmes in India. Zoology is one of the most popular branches in Science that involves the study of animals, their anatomy, physiology and their biological processes. There are numerous career opportunities for candidates completing their B.Sc., in the public and private sectors. B.Sc. in Zoology is a three-year undergraduate course divided into six semesters that provides detailed knowledge of Zoology, the study of animal life is one of the most interdisciplinary subjects in Science. It strives to understand the behavior, structure, and evolution of animals, using varieties of outlooks from genes to molecular and cellular biology and through physiological processes, anatomy, ecology, animal conservation and biodiversity. Candidates who are fascinated by biological sciences and have good problem-solving skills and are proficient with computers should definitely go for this programme. Candidates find jobs as Animal Behaviourist, Conservationist, Wildlife Biologist, Zoo Curator, Wildlife Educator, Zoology faculty, Forensic experts, lab technicians, Veterinarians.
This programme is exclusively meant to motivate the students with Zoology background to understand the current scenario of animal kingdom in on our planet. Specifically, this programme aims at enhancing the professional competencies and skills It also helps to understand the physiological, biochemical and genetic principles of animals and their surroundings. It enables the in-service workers to develop their skills in identifying, selecting, innovating and organizing learning experiences for teaching Zoology subjects. Students gain knowledge and skill in the fundamentals of animal sciences, understands the complex interactions among various living organisms. Analyze complex interactions among the various animals of different phyla, their distribution and their relationship with the environment.
After successful completion of B. Sc. (Hons.) Zoology course: Graduates in Zoology will be eligible for pursuing higher education, M.Sc. Programmes in different field of life Science. Apply the knowledge of internal structure of cell, its functions in control of various metabolic functions of organisms.
- Understands the complex evolutionary processes and behaviour of animals. Correlates the physiological processes of animals and relationship of organ systems.
- Understanding of environmental conservation processes and its importance, pollution control and biodiversity and protection of endangered species.
- Gain knowledge of Agro based Small Scale industries like sericulture, fish farming, butterfly farming and vermicompost preparation.
- Understands about various concepts of genetics and its importance in human health .
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities in delivering his duties Department of Zoology proffers understanding and knowledge in its field through the well-designed course work and various co-curricular programs, harmonizing each student’s academic life.
- It focuses on equipping students with clear and comprehensive knowledge of Zoological training that covers both classical and applied facet of animal life.
Zoology provides the platform to students to gain knowledge beyond their curriculum. So whether you choose Zoology Honors or life science program, the course will support you to gain the skills you need for your future in the field of Zoology. There are numerous career opportunities for candidates completing their B.Sc., in Zoology in the public and private sectors. Candidates find jobs as
- Animal Behaviourist
- Wildlife Biologist
- Zoology faculty
- Zoo Curator
- Forensic experts
- lab technicians
- Fisheries Science
- Small Scale industries like sericulture, fish farming, butterfly farming and vermicompost preparation
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- 10+2 or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
How to Apply
You can fill-up the Admission Enquiry Form below if you have any queries regarding the admission procedure of B.Sc. Zoology. Now, if you are unable to decide on which program to choose, feel free to reach out to us via the FREE tele-counseling button. If you have decided that you pursue B.Sc. Zoology and start a highly-rewarding career in this domain then go ahead and fill-up the Online Application now.
- November 10, 2022
- November 9, 2022
- October 17, 2022
- October 16, 2022
- October 15, 2022
World Students’ Day is a day celebrated on the birth anniversary of former President and Indian Aerospace Scientist ‘Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’. To pay tribute to […]
- October 14, 2022