B.Sc. in Textile Design is a 3 years full time post graduate course which is divided into 6 semesters. It covers a wide area of study related to textile designing which includes studying various concepts, new trends in designs like embroidery, prints, weaving, colouring and also combining them with new technology and computer application. The course requires the students to think with creativity and innovation.
The courses stress on creative explorations and from concept to prototype developed through various stages of further explorations and refinement. This study emphasizes on building a variety of skills, in combination with theoretical knowledge and practical application. This study commences with the fundamentals of textile design. This study includes, weave structure, textile fibres, surface design, printing methods, dyeing techniques, sewing techniques, constructed textiles and basic inputs in garment design.
- To introduce the basic elements of design which are basic to print and weave design for designing fabrics for interiors and fashion.
- To make aware of the various aspects of color.
- To understand the role of color in day today ‘s life
- To understand the basic principles of color theory
- To understand and practice color psychology
- To learn how to achieve different colored surfaces with round and flat brushes as well as various mediums.
- To develop the awareness of color as an element of visual experience
- Role of color in structure of form and composition
- To increase and build an acute sensitivity to the world around them.
- To develop and initialize a design vocabulary an essential tool for practicing as designers.
- To create visual images with a greater variety of methods and material
- To provide unexpected excitement and solutions.
- To introduce students to the importance of planning, decision making and
- To provide and develop fundamental skills of analysis, representation and interpretation in relation to surface design.
- To develop and awareness and curiosity to notice detailing in everything they see and touch.
- To gradually develop confidence in verbal and visual presentations and improve their communication skills during class presentations.
Bachelor of Science degree program in textile design is meant to provide students with an in-depth understanding of the creation and functional utilization of various textiles. Most common industry that uses textiles is the fashion industry, and courses in a textiles degree program will focus on the creation and design of different types of fabrics. Other textile courses offer instruction on designing and developing textile sculptures, textiles or constructed textiles.
Students enrolled in a textile design degree program learn about the history of textiles as well as the theoretical concepts of aesthetics and touch that underlay the field. This study of textiles is often very hands-on and involves several hours spent in studio courses. Students will develop technical knowledge and creative sophistication, plus an attitude of visual investigation. They will work on projects which develop from design research, some through to design development and fabric printing and production.
The career path of B.Sc Textile Design is paved with a several golden opportunities that will help an aspiring student to have a successful life and career that are waiting for them in the future. Along with great lawyers, doctors, and scientists the world also needs best-in-class Textile Design professionals who have a great understanding of all kinds of basic and advanced theoretical and practical knowledge regarding the concerned methodologies of this niche of study. By completing this 3 Years course at Om Sterling Global University, Hisar, Haryana the aspiring student will be made acquainted with an ever-growing career whose real-time applications are limitless. With this degree of B.Sc Textile Design in hand, a student can become a beacon of light and inspire other to do the same and be a reputed part of the society.
Now, as per the skill set, interest, and aptitude attained, a graduate of B.Sc Textile Design can opt to become :
- Textile designer
- Embroidery Designer
- Fabric Resource Manager
- Fabric Analyst
- Design consultant
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- 10+2 in Non-Medical or its equivalent.
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
How to Apply
If you are having any queries regarding the B. Tech/B. Tech (LEET) ME program you can fill-up the Admission Enquiry Form. If you have any second thoughts on which program to select you can reach out to us via the FREE tele-counseling option. Now, if you have decided that B. Tech/B. Tech (LEET) ME is the perfect course for you, and you want to start a highly-rewarding career in the process fill-up the online application now.