Paramedical sciences have been recognized to have a rewarding scope by experts. The School of Paramedical Sciences is a well-known B.Sc. college in Hisar, Haryana. It is also one of the Best Colleges for Paramedical programmes in India.
Radiotherapy is a profession, highly credible and medical treatment to treat cancer. The primary focus of radiotherapy is to kill cancer causing cells. Now a days due to changing lifestyle number of cancer patients is increasing day by day. This reflects the vast scope of radiotherapy in our country. The faculty at the college ensures that the students get the best of education and required training for their profession.
The B.Sc. in Radiotherapy is a program offered by OSGU that is drafted with the following objectives:
- The programme work is designed to impart basic concept and skills dealing with radiation implements, radiation safety as well as patient preparation and safety during radiotherapy concept of radiation therapy to the students.
- The programmework is designed to train students to work in conjunction with a multidisciplinary team to apply radiation therapy to the patients.
- Graduates can find employment opportunities in hospital in both private and public sectors.
- Graduate is encouraged to pursue further qualification to attain senior position in the professional field and also to keep abreast with the recent advances, new technology and research. The professional should opt for continuous professional education credits offered by national and international institutes.
The B.Sc. Radiotherapy programme developed at OSGU; the best B. Sc. college in Hisar, Haryana will equip the students with the fundamental understanding and hands on skills involved in treatment techniques using radiation. They will be competent of being employed as radiotherapy professionals in hospitals, nursing homes and health care institutes. They will also be capable of opting for higher studies and research.
The Health aspirants from OSGU are prone to higher and better quality of career opportunities in the field. When the programme has been completed, the potential candidates with their given skill set and aptitude scores, can enter either of the following career paths :
- X-Ray Technicians
- Radiation Protection Specialists
- Diagnostic Radiographers
- Radiation Therapist
- Radiation Therapy Team Supervisors
- Jobs in Private Sector
- Becoming an Entrepreneur
- Teaching Associate
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or its equivalent.
- LEET:- The candidate who has passed in 3 years Diploma in relevant discipline after Matric or 2 years Diploma in relevant discipline after 10+2
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
The syllabus of the programme plays a major role in how the students turn out for the profession. The syllabi drafted by the School of Para Medical Sciences are detailed and cover the necessary components to ensure a complete and overall education of the students. Given below is the syllabus for B.Sc. in Radiotherapy.
|01.||General Anatomy- I|
|06.||General Anatomy- I Practical|
|07.||General Physiology-I Practical|
|08.||General Biochemistry Practical|
|09.||Computer Applications Practical|
|02.||Radiotherapy Physics Practical|
|03.||Principles of Radiotherapy|
|04.||Principles of Radiotherapy Practical|
|06.||General Biochemistry Practical|
|08.||Anatomy II Practical|
|09.||Computer Awareness Level I|
|01.||General Anatomy- II|
|05.||Introduction to Health Care/First Aid|
|06.||General Anatomy- II Practical|
|07.||General Physiology-II Practical|
|08.||Introduction to Health Care/First Aid Practical|
|01.||Clinical Radiography Techniques -I|
|02.||Regulatory Requirements in Diagnostic Radiology & Imaging, Acts and Rules|
|03.||Contrast & Special Radiography Procedures|
|04.||Dark Room Techniques|
|05.||Clinical Radiography Techniques – I – Practical|
|06.||Regulatory Requirements in Diagnostic Radiology & Imaging, Acts and Rules – Practical|
|07.||Contrast & Special Radiography Procedures – Practical|
|08.||Dark Room Techniques – Practical|
|01.||Clinical Radiography Techniques – II|
|02.||Physics of Newer Imaging Modalities|
|03.||Newer Modalities Imaging Techniques|
|04.||Quality Control in Radiology & Radiation Safety|
|05.||Hospital Practice & Care of Patients|
|06.||Clinical Radiography Techniques – II -Practical|
|07.||Physics of Newer Imaging Modalities – Practical|
|08.||Newer Modalities Imaging Techniques – Practical|
|01.||Physics of Advanced Imaging Technology|
|02.||Radiography Techniques of Advanced Imaging Technology|
|03.||Basic Principle of Hospital Management|
|04.||Research Methodology & Biostatistics|
|05.||Physics of Advanced Imaging Technology Practical|
|06.||Radiography Techniques of Advanced Imaging Technology – Practical|
|07.||Clinical Posting (Orientation)|
|01.||Special Internship with Research Project|
How to Apply
If the program fascinates you yet you are not able to decide upon the right one to choose, you can acquire our Free Tele Counselling session. In case you have any issues or queries regarding the admission, you can fill out the Admission Enquiry form and we shall reach out to you within 24 hours. If you have made up your mind about going ahead with the program, you can fill out the Online Application Form.
- September 25, 2023
- September 5, 2023
- July 10, 2023
- May 1, 2023