In Health Sciences, there is more to operation theatres than known. The School of Health Sciences is one of the best B.Sc. colleges in Hisar, Haryana. B.Sc. in Operation Theatre and Anesthesia Technology is among the best Health courses in India. A career in Operation Theatre & Anesthesia Technology is meeting the demand of the growing needs of experts in the fields of operation theatre management, medical ethics, anesthesia technology and post-operation care.
A wider scope of Operation Theatre Technology is quite prominent in transplant teams, orthopedic clinics, gynecology sections, cancer units, surgery, special care baby units. They are also hired for research, education and training. Some of the professionals are privately hired by doctors, surgeons, physicians or dentists who perform surgery of the patients.
The B.Sc. in Operation Theatre and Anesthesia Technology is a program offered by OSGU that is drafted with the following objectives:
- To impart basic knowledge and skills involved in dealing with handling techniques involved in dealing with anesthetic equipment as well as pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative patient monitoring and care.
- To train students to work in conjunction with a multidisciplinary team to apply anesthesia technology to the patients.
- To pursue further qualification to attain senior position in the professional field and also to keep abreast with the recent advances, new technology and research.
The B.Sc. in Operation Theatre & Anesthesia Technology carefully curetted at the best B.Sc. college in Hisar, Haryana will equip the students with the fundamental knowledge and hands on skill of proper care, handling and dosage of anesthesia and anesthetic machinery as well as patients undergoing surgery. They can gain employment in hospitals and health care institutes. They will also be capable of opting for higher studies and research.
The health aspirants from OSGU are prone to higher and better quality of career opportunities in the field. When the course has been completed, the potential candidates with their given skill set and aptitude scores, can enter either of the following career paths:
- Anesthesia Technician Supp
- Registered Veterinarian Technician
- Anesthesia Technician
- Anesthesiology Technician
- Anesthesiology Physician
- Jobs in Teaching and Education
- Jobs in Private Sector
- Lead Medical Instrument Technician
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or its equivalent.
- LEET:- The candidate who has passed in 3 years Diploma in relevant discipline after Matric or 2 years Diploma in relevant discipline after 10+2
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
The syllabus of the programme plays a major role in how the students turn out for the profession. The syllabi drafted by the School of Para Medical Sciences are detailed and cover the necessary components to ensure a complete and overall education of the students. Given below is the syllabus for B.Sc. in OT and Anesthesia Technology.
|01.||General Anatomy- I|
|06.||General Anatomy- I Practical|
|07.||General Physiology-I Practical|
|08.||General Biochemistry Practical|
|09.||Computer Applications Practical|
|01.||General Anatomy- II|
|05.||Introduction to Health Care/First Aid|
|06.||General Anatomy- II Practical|
|07.||General Physiology-II Practical|
|08.||Introduction to Health Care/First Aid Practical|
|01.||Applied Anatomy & Physiology Related to Anesthesia Technology|
|02.||Basic Principles of Hospital Management|
|05.||Applied Anatomy & Physiology Related to Anesthesia Technology – Practical|
|07.||General Pathology Practical|
|01.||Introduction of Operation Theatre Technology|
|02.||Applied Pharmacology Related to Anesthesia Technology|
|03.||Health Care Management|
|04.||Basic and Principal Techniques of Anesthesia|
|05.||Introduction of Operation Theatre Technology – Practical|
|06.||Applied Pharmacology Related to Anesthesia Technology-Practical|
|07.||Basic and Principal Techniques of Anesthesia -Practical|
|01.||Concepts of Diseases and Techniques in Anesthesia|
|02.||Hospital Products, Promotion, Sales & Public Relations|
|03.||Anesthesia Techniques Including Complications|
|04.||Trauma & Cardiac Life Support|
|05.||Concepts of Diseases and Techniques in Anesthesia – Practical|
|06.||Anesthesia Techniques Including Complications – Practical|
|01.||Anesthesia for Specialties – I|
|02.||Anesthesia for Specialties – II|
|03.||Research Methodology & Biostatistics|
|04.||Anesthesia for Specialties – I -Practical|
|05.||Anesthesia for Specialties – II -Practical|
|06.||Clinical Posting (Orientation)|
|01.||Special Internship with Research Project|
How to Apply
If the program fascinates you yet you are not able to decide upon the right one to choose, you can acquire our Free Tele Counselling session. In case you have any issues or queries regarding the admission, you can fill out the Admission Enquiry form and we shall reach out to you within 24 hours. If you have made up your mind about going ahead with the program, you can fill out the Online Application Form.
- January 29, 2023
- December 7, 2022