B.Sc. in Emergency and Critical care technology is a three years degree programme to provide critical and intensive care to patients in the emergency ward of a hospital. Candidates are also trained to monitor equipment, record important data, and same vital data with physician. The programme also trains candidates to provide first-aid to patients in the absence of a certified medical professional. Training is also provided to handle a variety of injuries, physical ailments, and to transport patients to external facilities for extended treatment. Candidates are expected to respond quickly with high competence and even take up irregular hours. The programme is designed as a full-time residency program with responsibilities in managing the patients. The student must take part in seminars, short topic discussions, case discussions, journal club presentations and clinical postings. The Academic training also includes lab work, experimental work and Dissertation.
The growing popularity of critical care has been drawing several paramedical enthusiasts towards the career. One of the best colleges for BSc in Emergency and critical care technology is School of Paramedical Sciences in Hisar, Haryana which operates under Om Sterling Global University.
The specific educational objectives of the course aim at favoring the following competencies:
- To study the foundation of Emergency and Critical Care technology.
- To improve the knowledge through clinical exposure and research.
- To study about Critical Care Technology and develop expertise in the subject.
- Develop and learn efficient teaching techniques to become an ideal teacher.
- Ascertaining and monitoring the needs of patients while operating in a comprehensive fashion to guarantee physical, psychological and social well-being.
- Motivating the choices of intervention according to criteria of scientific evidence.
- Collaborating in activities of clinical research and training.
This programme aims to facilitate the registered health care professional in developing a critical and holistic approach to the care of the critically ill adult. Students will be able to integrate knowledge of the relevant physiology, pathophysiology and psychological implications of critical illness with the evidence base for the related assessment strategies and therapeutic interventions. Students will apply this knowledge to develop a holistic understanding of the experience of critical illness for the patient and family. Employment opportunities can be found in hospitals in both private and public sectors as well as in independent healthcare clinics and as well as teaching institutes.
The B.Sc. Emergency and critical care technology students are largely hired in hospitals and nursing homes. They are seen working in the intensive care units (ICU), critical cardiac care units (CCU) of the hospital and nursing homes. They are hired in different positions such as:
- Critical Care Technician
- Intensive Care Unit Technologist
- Emergency Medicine Physician
- Intensive Care Supervisor
- Emergency Medical Officer
- Emergency Medical Therapist
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or its equivalent.
- LEET:- The candidate who has passed in 3 years Diploma in relevant discipline after Matric or 2 years Diploma in relevant discipline after 10+2
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
|01.||General Anatomy- I|
|06.||General Anatomy- I Practical|
|07.||General Physiology-I Practical|
|08.||General Biochemistry Practical|
|09.||Computer Applications Practical|
|01.||General Anatomy- II|
|05.||Introduction to Health Care/First Aid|
|06.||General Anatomy- II Practical|
|07.||Introduction to Health Care/First Aid Practical|
|01.||Applied Anatomy & Physiology|
|05.||Basic Principle of Hospital Management|
|06.||Applied Anatomy & Physiology- Practical|
|07.||Pathology – Practical|
|08.||General Microbiology – Practical|
|08.||Biomedical Engineering -Practical|
|03.||Critical Care Technology -I|
|05.||Medical Law, Ethics & Values|
|06.||Clinical Microbiology – Practical|
|07.||General Pharmacology – Practical|
|08.||Critical Care Technology- I- Practical|
|09.||ICU Monitoring-I – Practical|
|01.||Critical Care Technology-II|
|04.||ICU Administration & Logistics|
|06.||Critical Care Technology-II – Practical|
|07.||ICU Monitoring-II -Practical|
|08.||ICU Therapy-I – Practical|
|09.||Clinical Pharmacology – Practical|
|01.||ICU Therapy -II|
|02.||Patient Safety & Transport and Principle of Management|
|03.||Equipment Maintenance & Troubleshooting|
|04.||Research Methodology & Biostatistics|
|05.||ICU Therapy- II Practical|
|06.||Equipment Maintenance & Troubleshooting -Practical|
|07 .||Project Work -I|
|01.||Special Internship with Research Project|
How to Apply
If the program fascinates you yet you are not able to decide upon the right one to choose, you can acquire our Free Tele Counselling session. In case you have any issues or queries regarding the admission, you can fill out the Admission Enquiry form and we shall reach out to you within 24 hours. If you have made up your mind about going ahead with the program, you can fill out the Online Application Form.
- November 10, 2022
- November 9, 2022
- October 17, 2022
- October 16, 2022
- October 15, 2022
World Students’ Day is a day celebrated on the birth anniversary of former President and Indian Aerospace Scientist ‘Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’. To pay tribute to […]
- October 14, 2022