Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Biotechnology is one of the most popular undergraduate programmes in India. The course is the intersection of two broad subjects- Biology and Technology. In simple parlance, Biotechnology is a field of applied biology that makes use of living organisms or biological systems to make technological advances and use them in various fields. It basically seeks to improve the quality of human life and the health of the planet.
B.Sc in Biotechnology is a three-year undergraduate course divided into six semesters that provides detailed knowledge of the bi-molecular and cellular activities and be informed about the different technologies to study them. It includes a wide spectrum of subjects like genetics, molecular biology and chemistry.
Candidates who are fascinated by biological sciences and have good problem-solving skills and are proficient with computers should definitely go for this programme. Biotechnology graduates invite a number of high-paying job opportunities across the country. The sector is ever-evolving and after completing the course, one can become a research scientist, Biotech analysts, specialists in their respective fields.
Biotechnology is making significant contributions to the global society. By studying the components of living cells, we can learn how to control, fix and modify them to our benefit. This course aims to provide you the knowledge and practical skills to enable the learner to enter the exciting world of biotechnology. With the conceptual knowledge living system can be manipulated to create efficient, cost-effective processes for the industrial generation of innovative products.
B.Sc. (Honours) Biotechnology is three year degree course. The objective of the course is to absorb the understanding of biological science, technology as well as entrepreneur skills to exploit technological advances within a competitive environment. This blend of skills will be certainly invaluable to young aspirants of this field.
B.Sc. (H) Biotechnology comprises study of an extensive variety of subjects as Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biophysics, Genetic Engineering, Plant Biotechnology, Animal Biotechnology, Environmental Biotechnology and Medical Biotechnology etc.
Aim of this program is to prepare the young students to take up a career in biotechnology industry or research. The course curriculum is designed to strengthen the fundamentals in basic subjects and provide hands on practice in all the disciplines of biotechnology.
After successful completion of B.Sc.(Hons.) Biotechnology Course: Graduates in biotechnology will be eligible for pursuing higher education, M.Sc.programmes in the different field of life science.
- Graduates will exhibit contemporary knowledge in Biotechnology and students will be eligible for doing jobs in pharmaceutical and biotechnological Industry.
- Graduates will be able to understand the potentials, and impact of biotechnological innovations on environment and their implementation for finding sustainable solution to issues pertaining to environment, health sector, agriculture, etc.
- Graduates will be able to design, conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data for investigating problems in BT and allied fields.
- Graduates will be able to work individually as well as in team to survive in multidisciplinary environment.
- Graduates will possess oral and written communication skills
Biotechnology is the field that can never cease to evolve. This has resulted in an ever-increasing demand for B.Sc Biotechnology graduates and job opportunities for them abound across the country. One can easily find a preferred position in a number of sectors/industries like Drug and pharmaceutical research, Waste management, Chemicals, Energy, Food processing, Bio-processing industries, Animal Husbandry, Environment Conservation, Genetic, Engineering. Fresh graduates can expect a salary package ranging from Rs 2-5 LPA. However, the package keeps on increasing with the work experience of the candidate. B.Sc Biotechnology professionals can explore a wide range of career opportunities in both the private and government sectors:
- Research Interns- R&D Jobs
- Safety Expert
- Clinical Research Jobs
- Production Jobs in Pharma Industry
- Scientific Writer
- Biotech Specialist
- QA/QC Jobs
- Calibration Technician
- Research Analyst
- Scientific Assistant
- R&D Intern Jobs in Govt Labs
- Academic Jobs in Colleges & Universities
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- 10+2 or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
How to Apply
You can fill-up the Admission Enquiry Form below if you have any queries regarding the admission procedure of B. Sc. (Biotechnology). Now, if you are unable to decide on which program to choose, feel free to reach out to us via the FREE tele-counseling button. If you have decided that you pursue B. Sc. (Biotechnology) and start a highly-rewarding career in this domain then go ahead and fill-up the Online Application now.
- January 29, 2023
- December 7, 2022