Masters of Pharmacy in Pharmaceutical Chemistry is a two-year postgraduate course in the field of Pharmacy. Pharmaceutical Chemistry is one of the specializations of the M.Pharm course. M Pharm Pharmaceutical Chemistry full form is Masters of Pharmacy in Pharmaceutical Chemistry. M Pharm Pharmaceutical Chemistry is a non-dispensing area of study in Pharmacy which deals more in research aspects of the subject. The subject highlights the study of drugs. The features discovery of drugs, pharmacology, quality assurance and drug chemistry. Candidates get to know the life-saving remedies, faster delivery of drugs and drugs metabolism. It includes the study of subjects such as pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and biomedical analysis. One gets to know the drug metabolism and can learn regarding the effects of a particular drug on the body. It includes quality and assurance tests which ensure preciseness and standardization of the particular formulation designed by the pharmacists.
- To provide a comprehensive and advanced pharmaceutical education leading to M. Pharm. Degree.
- To integrate pharmacy knowledge and skills with pharmaceutical research.
- To develop pharmacists to contribute effectively in the social health care system.
- To provide hands on training through state of art infrastructure to inculcate research aptitude in pharmaceutical sciences.
- To inculcate leadership and entrepreneurship capabilities in future pharmacy professionals.
After Completion of the programme, the students would be able:
- Get knowledge of the basic pharmaceutical sciences and the ability to acquire, manage and use current information for problem solving. The course helps to develop research aptitude in the area of design and synthesis of new chemical entity
- Know about the synthesis, formulation, analysis, pharmacological, pharmacognostical, biotechnological and regulatory aspects of drugs and biopharmaceuticals. Workshops on Computer Aided Drug Designing (CADD) and retrosynthetic analysis
- Identify the rules and regulations involved in the drug discovery and development, manufacture, distribution and sale of medicines.
- Develop problem-based learning approach and analytical thinking in his/her academic and professional life. The course helps the researcher in developing the reading and presenting capabilities
- Apply critical thinking skills, including investigation, application, analysis, creativity, evaluation of information, data and documents related to research investigation.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and implement professional activities. Trains the student for the presentation skills and communicating the results of research work published in peer reviewed journals
- Act efficiently as a leader in the diverse areas of the profession.
- Imbibe the skills of scientific communication and research writing.
- Apply the knowledge and skills gained through education to gain recognition in professional circle and society. Strong emphasis is laid on the theoretical and applied aspects of pharmacy in health care and improvement of human lives. Participate in healthcare initiatives to create awareness in society about the effective and safe use of medicines.
- Develop interdisciplinary research with other health care communities to provide innovative solutions.
- Exercise ethical practices and moral values in personal and professional endeavours.
- Tackle professional challenges through lifelong learning attitude
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Chemistry: Job Profiles
M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Chemistry offers immense scope for the candidates in the future. As the pharmaceutical industry is growing day by day, the more number of job positions are getting highlighted and required. The various job positions along with their descriptions are provided in the table below:
After completing the M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Chemistry, candidates have the option for going to higher studies, prepare for various competitive exams in the pharma field, and do private or government sector jobs. Some of the future aspects of the M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Analytical Chemist: Analytical Chemist performs basic research, process and product development, design instrument and analytical techniques.
- Drug Inspector: Assisting and checking the quality and safety of drugs.
- Medical Transcriptionist: It involves dictation and recording of the medical prescription by the physicians.
- Researcher: Researchers in the pharmacy field usually work in the development of new drugs, pharmaceutical cares and services.
- Professor: Professors include providing teaching and developing course material, supervising postgraduate research work and publishing journals.
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Pharmaceutical Field: Upon completion of the post-graduation in the M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Chemistry, candidates can opt for PhD. Interested candidates can carry out research work in their discipline and find more about the new drug discovery and potential drugs.
- Competitive Exams and Jobs: Candidates can opt for preparing for the entrance exam to get the position of Drug Inspector, Food Inspector, Pharmacist etc. Along with it, there is an immense number of jobs available for pharmacy students in different industries and Pharma groups. The job positions include quality and assurance control, Analytical chemist, researcher etc. Candidates can choose the respective specialization and job as per their area of interest and strength.
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- Pass in B. Pharmacy
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
The program of study for M.Pharm. extend over a period of four semesters(two academic years). The curricula and syllabi for the program prescribed from time to time by Phamacy Council of India, New Delhi is followed.
|Modern Pharmaceutical Analytical Techniques
|Advanced Organic Chemistry
|Advanced Medicinal chemistry
|Chemistry of Natural Products
|PharmaceuticalChemistry Practical I
|Remedial Mathematics/ Biology
|Advanced Spectral Analysis
|Advanced Organic Chemistry -II
|Computer Aided Drug Design
|Pharmaceutical Process Chemistry
|Pharmaceutical Chemistry Practical II
|Research Methodology and Biostatistics*
|Discussion / Presentation (Proposal Presentation)
How to Apply
Any queries you have about the admissions and related matters, you can fill out the Admission Enquiry form; if you are unable to make a decision on deciding the program, book a free tele-counseling session with us; If you are sure about a program you are enrolling for, you can go ahead fill out the online application.