Diploma in Pharmacy is two years full time programme in which students learn about preparation and dispensing of medicine along with ethics and professional values. Students are made competent in various aspects of Pharmacy.
The D Pharmacy is a program offered by OSGU that was drafted with the following objectives:
- Have ability to apply the acquired knowledge into providing preliminary solutions in specific areas such as the synthesis, formulation.
- One can practice as registered pharmacist & open own pharmacy store with license of Pharmacy Council of India
- One can upgrade their qualification by joining B. Pharmacy to get a degree.
- Create awareness in society about the effective and safe use of medicines.
Diploma in Pharmacy is a program that focuses on the study of biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmacology, human anatomy and physiology, dispensing etc. Its aim is to ensure the safe and effective use of pharmaceutical drugs. The course has been designed to prepare candidates to work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist in hospitals, community pharmacies and other pharmaceuticals related fields.
Different types of job opportunities are available after diploma in pharmacy is done. Practicing as pharmacists in India. Work as dispenser in drug stores in Government hospitals, private hospitals, clinics, community health centers or private drug stores. After D. Pharmacy you can start your own private drug store other than working for hospitals or private drug stores. After that you go for further studies like B.Pharma, PharmD, and M.Pharma. After completes master level course you work as a lecturer / instructor at relevant pharmacy schools or institutes.
The pharmacy aspirants from OSGU; one of the top pharmacy colleges in Hisar, Haryana are prone to higher and better quality of career opportunities in the field. When the course has been completed, the potential candidates with their given skill set and aptitude scores, can enter either of the following career paths –
- Review Prescriptions
- Dispense Prescription / Non-Prescription Medicines
- Provide Patient Counselling / Education
- Hospital and Community Pharmacy Management
- Expertise on Medications
- Proficiency on drugs / pharmaceuticals
- Entrepreneurship and Leadership
- Deliver Primary and Preventive Healthcare
- Professional, Ethical and Legal Practice
- Continuing Professional Development
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- 10+2 or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry & Biology/ Mathematics.
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
The syllabus of the program plays a major role in how the students turn out for the profession. The syllabi drafted by the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences are detailed and cover the necessary components to ensure a complete and overall education of the students. Given below is the syllabus for D Pharmacy.
Semester I & II
|04.||Human Anatomy & Physiology|
Semester III & IV
|02.||Community Pharmacy & Management|
|03.||Biochemistry & Clinical Pathology|
|05.||Hospital & Clinical Pharmacy|
|06.||Pharmacy Law & Ethics|
How to Apply
Any queries you have about the admissions and related matters, you can fill out the Admission Enquiry form; if you are unable to make a decision on deciding the program, book a free tele-counseling session with us; If you are sure about a program you are enrolling for, you can go ahead fill out the online application.