FDP on Quality and Technological Enhancement in Teaching & Research (QTETR-24)
Five Day’s Faculty Development Programme on Quality and Technological Enhancement in Teaching & Research (QTETR-24) 29 Jan, 2024 to 02 Feb, 2024 (Monday to Friday)
Organized by: IQAC, Om Sterling Global University, Hisar, Haryana Collaboration with Vaish College, Bhiwani, Haryana
About the OSGU:
Om Sterling Global University was established in March, 2019. It is promoted by Om Welfare Society Registered under Society Registration Act, Bearing number 00353 Dated on 17/10/2013 and is dedicated to achieve its vision, mission and objectives through academic excellence in all areas of knowledge and skills. The university is spread over 30 acres of fully-developed institutional land with a lush green campus, modern infrastructure and excellent academic atmosphere. Inspired by its vision and mission, the campus has been designed and developed with great sense of aesthetics to provide eco-friendly environment and ambience to provide comfort and zeal for learning. As a temple of education, the University aims at producing world class academicians, researchers and leaders in diverse fields by embedding high moral values in its students, commitment to excellence, and enthusiasm for continuous intellectual development.
About the Vaish College:
Vaish College Bhiwani is one of the oldest and premier institutions of Haryana and it is situated in the heart of the city. The college was founded in the year 1944 by the munificent and visionary philanthropists, of that time for the educational upliftment of society. This college is a multifaceted co-educational institution, affliated to Ch. Bansi Lal University, Bhiwani. It offers diverse courses in arts, science and commerce at UG level, alongwith certain UG and PG professional courses such as BBA, BCA, M.A. (Hindi, History), M.Sc. (Maths, Chemistry, Physics), M.Sc. (Comp. Sci.), M.Com. etc. It has excellent infrastructural and instructional facilities. Experienced and well-qualified faculty imparts quality and meaningful education to the students by blending the modern technological tools of the ‘Western world’ with the rich traditional values and cultural ethos. The academic staff of the college has significant knowledge about paradigm-shift in the educational system. Hence, they strive to develop in students the knowledge, confidence and requisite skills for various specific jobs. Over the years the college has flourished with glorious traditions achieving excellence in education.
The college boasts a wonderful overall environment that fosters inter-cultural understanding and promotes respect and tolerance among students. The college has remarkable achievements in academics, research, sports , cultural and extra curricular activities. In the field of sports the college has shown domination at the national and international, university and inter-university levels. Future plans for the institution include the development of additional excellent infrastructural facilities, with new and renovated library laboratories, buildings, inclusion of new job-oriented courses, tapping the outstanding teaching expertise and techniques parallel to the foreign institutions. The college is well on its way to beoming one of the frontline colleges of India.
In general sense research means diligent inquiry and careful search for new knowledge or contribution to an existing body of knowledge. In other words a research is an organized set of activities to study and develop a model, procedure and technique to find the results of a realistic problem supported by literature and data such that its objectives are optimized and further make recommendations for implication particularly in the teaching. Research methodology refers to a system of models, procedures and techniques used to find the result of a research problem. These processes are essential to learn by a prospective researcher. Often without training in methods, essays based on perceptions and quotations are passed as research particularly in non-academic contexts. Needless to say, such research does not reach beyond a certain level. Training in research methodology provides development professionals with explanation and demonstration of main theories and techniques in research methods. Using these techniques is the first step towards developing a sound researcher. Keeping in view the importance of research methodology, the FDP is contemplated with an aim to explore the basic dimensions of research and the concomitant need for participants to rethink about the assumptions that underlie historic paradigms of research in the field of technology. It includes recent development in research methods, methodological issues in research publication, publication ethics, use and misuse of statistics in research and availability of resources for reading material. On completion of the said programme the participants are likely to have developed the skills to review literature, develop hypothesis, frame research design and comprehend the role and relevance of the tools for data collection and analysis.
The IQAC of OSGU will cater to the needs of Faculty Members, Non-Academic Functionaries / Administrators / Other Working Officials, Independent Officials and Research Scholars as per guidelines of UGC as well as according to the demand of participants and modern era from time to time. To commensurate with it, the IQAC aims to organise various activities including orientation programmes, interdisciplinary courses, short term programmes, value added programmes, certificate courses in various disciplines / streams, training programmes, faculty development programmes, seminars and conferences in a regular mode. Accordingly, various activities and courses of longer and shorter duration are organised by IQAC of OSGU. The programme organised by IQAC, OSGU, will use variety of pedagogical tools including Case Studies, Role Plays, Lectures, Demonstration and Practical training in laboratories, etc.
Objectives of the FDP:
- To focus on different modes of approach in order to meet the challenges of life in order to become not merely a trained professional but also a better citizen.
- To organise advanced level capacity enhancement and continuous knowledge up gradation training programs for people working in different capacities and roles.
- To make the participants technically sound as per requirement of modern era.
- To conduct programs to build research, teaching and administration competence for holistic development of individuals.
- To provide the platform for discussion on methodological requirements of research and to simulate and capture new approaches.
- To make the participants familiar with univariate, bivariate and multivariate statistical Techniques.
- To train about professional development and professional ethics.
The primary target group for Faculty Development Programme is young researchers (who may or may not be pursuing doctoral research), and teachers in Colleges, University Departments and Academic Institutions who are engaged in research, or are planning to undertake research.
The FDP will cover the following topics
- Nature of Scientific and Technical Methods and its Application to Social Phenomenon.
- Nature, Importance and Scope of Research in Modern age.
- Steps in the Process of Research- Problem Selection, Formulation and Planning: How to write a Proposal: Methods to collect the data and their analysis.
- Literature Review, Questionnaire Designing, Hypothesis Testing.
- Teaching skills through technical aids.
- Writing good content (Research Paper/Lecture Notes)
- NEP-2020 and their role in teaching and research.
- After attending FDP, participants will get in depth understanding of research and its implications in teaching and decision making process.
- Gain better understanding on how to design a valid research project to answer specific research questions.
- Depth knowledge of importance of technology in modern era.
- Design reliable and valid questionnaires for collection of data.
- Use descriptive and predictive statistical tools using robust analytical softwares namely SPSS and E-Views
- Participants will able to analyse data with univariate, bivariate and multivariate statistical Techniques.
- Participants will get in depth knowledge of NEP-2020
More Information Download Brochure