Structural Engineering is a part of Civil Engineering. This discipline deals with the design and construction. The term ‘structure’ is not just limited to buildings! Structural Engineering deals with the design and construction of bridge, vehicle underpass.
- The main and foremost reason to study civil engineering should be your INTEREST in the field. Civil engineering deals with design & construction and maintenance of building, bridges, dams, roads etc.
- It has very good scope now-a-days.The idea of designing high rise towers and bridges is very fascinating.
- One can feel proud by designing something and see it being constructed and used.
- My advice is to – find your passion and interest and if it lies in the field of construction and design then go ahead and do civil engineering.
- The curriculum is well balanced with exposure to analytical and engineering aspects of the field with practical applications in both concrete and Steel Structures.
- Practising Engineers are called to give lectures on a wide range of topics at all stages of the course.
- Visits are arranged regularly to various construction sites and the Structural Engineering Research Centre for the benefit of the students.
- There is a huge demand for structural engineers in India as the country gets ready to upgrade its infrastructure with growing economic and political clout in the world.
- The career opens a lot of opportunities in numerous government departments like Railways, Metro Rail, Highways, Indian Aluminium Limited , Public Works Department , Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited, Pollution Control Board and Drainage Board etc.
- Opportunities are also available in private sectors like Gammon India Ltd., Larsen and Toubro Ltd., as Design Engineer, Site Engineer and Planning Engineer.
- The experienced Structural Engineers can perform jobs in Project Managers, Civil Supervisors and Project Estimators
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- Bachelor Degree of concerned Engineering Branch.
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
The program syllabus is drafted in such a way that the students are prepared for their professional field. Various aspects of the field are covered neatly and at length so that overall development is ensured. With this kind of curriculum, the students gain much more than just the theoretical knowledge of the area. The aspirants are made capable in a manner that they will be left with multiple choices of career in the concerned field.
|01.||Theory and Analysis of
|02.||Advanced Dynamics of
|03.||Advanced Design of RCC
|07.||English for Research Paper Writing|
|01.||Finite Element Method|
|02.||Numerical & Optimization Methods|
|04.||Structural Engineering Design Practice Lab|
|06.||Maintenance & Rehabilitation of Structure|
|07.||Personality Development through Life Enlightenment Skills|
|01.||Advanced Concrete Technology|
How to Apply
Any queries you have about the admissions and related matters, you can fill out the Admission Enquiry form; if you are unable to make a decision on deciding the program, book a free tele-counseling session with us; If you are sure about a program you are enrolling for, you can go ahead fill out the online application.