B. Sc. in Botany is a 3-year full-time undergraduate course at Om Sterling Global University, Hisar, Haryana that is dedicated to providing the best quality of education to the aspiring students in the domain of Botany. The program has been diligently drafted to enable the students take a glimpse of the impending future. With the ever-increasing demand of B. Sc. in Botany more number of students are trying to enroll themselves in this branch so that they enjoy a great life ahead that awaits them. The course will make you ever ready to face modern world challenges and requirements with super-confidence. The program of B. Sc. in Botany is designed to render the basic study in Botany for the students. The program will make you learn about plant sciences and to will help you to expose them to the significance and applications of these subjects in our lives. The specific objectives of this course are to expose students to the following topics: Origin, evolution, and genetic diversity of microbial life Physiological diversity of metabolic and bioenergetics pathways. Microbial species and speciation. Phylogenetic and functional analysis of (meta) genomic data. Characterization of uncultivated microbial lineages; and 6. Linkage between microbial diversity, function, and ecology. This makes B.Sc degree a very important weapon in your arsenal and opens a plethora of opportunities for further studies, research as well as lucrative employment opportunities across the globe.
The B. Sc. in Botany degree program at School of Applied Sciences (SAS), Om Sterling Global University, Hisar, has the following program objectives
- Develop a conceptual understanding of principles and importance of Botany.
- Focusing on applications of Botany
- Develop the skills among the students to make them excel in botany niche
- Students would be benefited with knowledge of core subjects like plant diversity, physiology and biochemistry, molecular cytogenetic and application of statistics etc. which are offered in these subjects Modules on analytical techniques, plant tissue culture and photochemistry would make them obtain skills that help in doing research.
- Learn about practical technique in lab for detail study of plant cell structure, reproduction, anatomy, breeding procedures for hybridization. Maintain a high level of scientific excellence in botanical research with specific emphasis on the role of plants. Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern technology in multidisciplinary way. Practice of subject with knowledge to design experiments, analyze and interpret data to reach to an effective conclusion. PSO3
The program outcome of B. Sc. in Botany is to produce world-class professionals in the niche of botany. The program has been diligently drafted keeping all the modern world trends in minds because as one of the top colleges of Hisar, Haryana we comprehend that besides theoretical and practical aspects of a subject, an aspiring student also needs hands-on approach and learning via experimentation that goes beyond typical classroom experience. Here, we make the students ready to get deployed in private, public, or government sector and help them having a successful career. Create platform for higher studies in Botany. Facilitate students to take-up successful career in Botany.
The career path to B. Sc. in Botany is paved with numerous golden opportunities that lead to happy and prosperous life. Along with great engineers, lawyers, doctors, and scientists the world also needs best-in-class botanists who possess a great understanding of nature, science, plant life and relevant methodologies. By completing this 3-year course of B. Sc. in Botany at Om Sterling Global University, Hisar, Haryana student will be made acquainted with an ever-growing career whose real-time applications are never-ending.Now, as per the skill set, interest, and aptitude attained, a professional in B. Sc. in Botany can opt for:
- Further studies to obtain M.Sc.Degree
- Molecular biologist
- Plant biochemist
- Environment consultant
- Plant explorer
- Forest Services
- mushroom cultivation
- Biotechnology Firms
- National Parks
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- 10+2 or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
How to Apply
You can fill-up the Admission Enquiry Form below if you have any queries regarding the admission procedure of B.Sc. (Hons) Botany. Now, if you are unable to decide on which program to choose, feel free to reach out to us via the FREE tele-counseling button. If you have decided that you pursue B.Sc. (Hons) Botany and start a highly-rewarding career in this domain then go ahead and fill-up the Online Application now.
- January 29, 2023
- December 7, 2022