About IQAC (Internal Quality Assurance Cell)
The XII Plan Guidelines of the UGC for the establishment and monitoring of IQAC in Universities have made it mandatory for all Universities to have an IQAC. The major objective behind the establishment of IQAC is to internalize quality consciousness which would be invaluable for the enhancement of quality within the institution. The efficacy of external quality assessment by NAAC would be determined by the effectiveness of such institutional internal quality systems and processes.
IQAC shall serve as the institutional body on campus to assist with the accurate and consistent flow of information with regards to the quality and assurance measures taken up by the institution. Several aspects of education such as research, development, recording, and more shall be benefited from this undertaking.
Based on the success stories of universities which had established IQAC as a post-accreditation quality sustenance activity, NAAC has suggested that IQAC must be established in all the universities. The IQAC was reconstituted in the university vide ref.
To develop a self-driven education system resolute to quality ethos in all processes at all levels of OSGU University
To provide a flexible and accessible modem multi-disciplinary knowledge system, creating future leaders for India and the World.
Goals of IQAC
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the University.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Functions of IQAC
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/ parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the University;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents, and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education; Organization of inter and intra University workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/ activities of the University, leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the University for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining/ enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in University;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the University-based on the quality parameters/ assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body ( like NAAC.NBA, AB) in the prescribed format:
- Biannual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Units of HEIs based on the AQAR;
- Interaction with IQACs in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance and enhancement endeavors.