Eligibility criteria for admission to M. Phil. / Ph.D. programmes
A candidate seeking admission in the M. Phil. / Ph. D. programme must have secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree or equivalent to Master’s degree as per UGC regulations. A relaxation of 5% of marks is allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories.
The candidates will also be required to qualify the entrance test with at least 50% marks.
Duration of the M. Phil. / Ph.D. Programmes
M. Phil. programme is for one year duration.
Ph. D. programme is for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years.
The Department Research Committee (DRC) shall declare the number of seats depending upon availability of the supervisors in the concerned discipline.
Procedure for Admission
- The candidate desiring to seek admission to M. Phil. / Ph. D. programmes at Om Sterling Global University (OSGU) shall apply for the same on a prescribed application form by the due date as announced by OSGU.
- The applications will be scrutinized by the DRC, which will call an adequate number of eligible candidates for a written entrance test – Research Aptitude Test (RAT). The candidates will be required to qualify the entrance test with at least 50% marks.
- The candidates, who have valid score in national tests like UGC-CSIR (JRF) examination / NET/ SLET / GATE/ teacher fellowship holder or have passed the M. Phil degree, will be exempted to appear in entrance test.
- The selection will be done as per the UGC norms.
- The test will be conducted by the Controller of Examination (COE) / concerned HOD at OSGU.
- The final merit list of candidates will be prepared by the DRC and submitted to the Vice Chancellor for approval. All admissions will be done on merit basis from this list.