Master of Science or M.Sc. in Environmental Science is a full-time post graduate programme which is of 2-year duration. The world is facing a situation of environmental crisis with problems such as global climate change, environmental pollution of different matrices, over-population, and agricultural issues related to food contamination with fertilizers and pesticides etc. In contemporary times, relevancy to study about environment has become a pre-requisite. Environmental Science is a multi-disciplinary programme and due to increase in the environmental problems such as environmental pollution, degradation of natural resource and biodiversity loss; the scope of the field of Environmental Science has increased exponentially. This programme involves an advanced study of concepts, sciences and activities which are involved in understanding of environment, environmental pollution and conservation of environment.
- To make the student understand the basic to advance concepts and phenomenon operating in environment and governing the environment stability.
- To provide the student an advanced in-depth understanding of environmental pollution, its causes, solutions and treatment related to that.
- To make students understand the historical and socio-economic dynamics related to the environment and its conservation.
- To make student capable of assessing the environmental problems of any region and suggest suitable solutions for the same.
- To make student aware about the relation of environmental changes to human civilization; and development.
The M.Sc. (Environmental Science) programme will provide in-depth knowledge of the scientific, technical, social, cultural and economic aspects which are required to understand the environment. The programme includes the advance knowledge related to structure, functioning and improvement of the environment while being in any sector whether industrial, domestic, organizational, or agricultural. It will also boost the creativity of the students in form of various conservation strategies. The post graduate programme will make the students able to understand the environmental conditions of any area with modern scientific and technical tools, suggesting the solutions for the existing problems.
Environmental Science is a multi-dimensional programme and due to increase in the environmental problems such as environmental pollution, degradation of natural resource and biodiversity loss; the scope of the field of Environmental Science is immense
- In the field of Environmental Science, one can seek job opportunities in various government agencies & other organizations such as CPCB, SPCBs, NGOs etc.
- In international organizations such as UNDP, WWF, UNEP.
- Students have also opportunity to start their own Environmental Monitoring and Testing facilities.
- Students can work in any Environmental Impact Assessment/Audit (EIA) agency.
- They also can work as environmental scientists in various departments such as NEERI, IMD, IITM etc.
- Students may also opt for teaching and research in the field of Environmental Science.
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- Bachelor Degree in Science with relevant subject.
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
How to Apply
You can fill-up the Admission Enquiry Form below if you have any queries regarding the admission procedure of M. Sc. (Environmental Science). Now, if you are unable to decide on which programme to choose, feel free to reach out to us via the FREE tele-counseling button. If you have decided that you pursue M. Sc. (Environmental Science) and start a highly rewarding career in this domain then go ahead and fill-up the Online Application now.
- September 25, 2023
- September 5, 2023
- July 10, 2023
- May 1, 2023