Master of philosophy in Rehabilitation Psychology or M.Phil in Rehabilitation Psychology is a master’s level program. The program has been developed as a two-year program with theoretical inputs and intensive practical skills in disability rehabilitation. The M. Phil (Rehabilitation Psychology) course will prepare human resources to enable them to acquire knowledge and develop competencies and skills to impart education and training effectively to all children including children with special needs.
- Provide extensive theoretical inputs and supervised clinical practice in the area of rehabilitation.
- Identify problems/needs of persons with disability and develop problem solving skills to implement appropriate intervention for persons with varying disabilities
- Rigorous two-year fulltime hands-on training program in rehabilitation area/s.
- Recognition of psychological problems and setting goals as relevant to the rehabilitation process
- To recognize the network of psychological, social, biological and environmental factors that affect the functioning
- Diagnose mental health issues/problems in person with disability.
- Recommend and/or carry out appropriate psychological and behavioral interventions
- Assist in modifying lifestyles and personality functioning to accommodate performance limitations and to successfully deal with situations involving conflict/crisis.
- Deal with ethical and transition issues related to family, employment and aging, and provide supportive counselling to mitigate the caregiver’s burden/problems.
- Work with community to promote health, enhance quality-of-life and psychological well-being.
- Undertake responsibilities connected with teaching and training in core and allied areas.
- Conduct problem-focused research in various areas of psychology
- Undertake administrative, consultation, advocacy, supervisory and decision making and certifying responsibilities in the area of rehabilitation.
- Provide expert testimony in the court of law assuming different roles.
- Develop different theoretical and empirical frameworks in the field of student counselling.
- Develop expertise in one or more relevant research methodologies and formulation of testable hypotheses and design appropriate studies.
The course has been designed to train the teachers to teach students who are differently-abled or physically challenged. Through the course, the teachers are given theoretical and practical knowledge in terms of teaching skills methodologies, teaching pedagogy, and other skills. Through this course, the candidates can pursue their education in any of the specializations including locomotors disability, low vision, hearing impairment, visual impairment, learning disability, deaf blindness, autism, spectrum disorder, multiple disabilities and other differently challenged specialization.
- Special Teacher
- Assistant Teacher
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer Special Education
- Home Special Tutor
- Special Education Counsellor
- Special School Coordinator
- Inclusive School Coordinator
- Tran Disciplinary Team Member
- Cross Disability Team Member
- Multi Disciplinary Team Member
- Teacher and Special Educator in Integrated/Inclusive School
- Employability in government and non government sector.
- Eligible to apply teacher eligibility exam like CTET, HTET, REET
Minimum percentage and others criteria for admission will be as per UGC/ Concerned Regulatory Bodies.
Provided below are the criteria that need to be met for the given course.
For National Students
- Candidates with at least fifty percent marks in the Masters degree.
For International Students
- Rule framed by University Grants Commission (UGC) and notified in its website www.ugc.ac.in will be followed for deciding the eligibility and admission of International students to various courses offered in Om Sterling Global University, Hisar.
How to Apply
You can fill-up the Admission Enquiry Form below if you have any queries regarding the admission procedure. Now, if you are unable to decide on which program to choose, feel free to reach out to us via the FREE tele-counseling session. If you have decided that you want to study Bachelor of Fine Arts and start a career in this domain then go ahead and fill-up the Online Application now.
- January 29, 2023
- December 7, 2022