FIRST INTERNATIONAL MOOT COURT COMPETITION
About the Organiser
The School of Legal Studies , Om Sterling Global University was established in 2019 and is approved by the Bar Council of India , New Delhi. The stature of the School of legal Studies is as big as its strength and has a legacy in terms of its research and academic work. The School of legal Studies with utmost pleasure announce that it is organizing International Moot Court Competition and everyone is cordially invited to participate.
About the Moot
The present moot court competition shall be conducted with an objective to provide learning opportunities to the students. The School of legal Studies , OSGU believes in imparting value added education and thus present event shall help students in enhancing their research skills, writing and advocacy. The present moot problem is based on Constitutional Law and , Human Rights law.
- Eligibility Criteria: Students enrolled in a full-time Law Degree Programme i.e. Five-Years Integrated Law Degree Programme or Three-Year B Programme at the time of the competition are eligible to participate in the Competition.
- Each Law College/Law School/Law University shall nominate Only One Team. Thus Only One Team will be eligible to participate from an Institution.
- The approval of the team for participation must be communicated undersigned by the Head/Chairperson/Principal/Dean of respective Institute and must be attached in the registration form( Enclosed as Annexure A) . The format of approval letter is enclosed herewith as Annexure B.
- Team Composition: A team shall be comprised of Three Members i.e. Two Speakers and One Researcher. The Teams shall identify the speakers and researcher during registration and mention it too in the Approval Form.
- Official Language: The official language of the Competition shall be English and Hindi
- Dress Code: The teams are required to follow a strict dress code as prescribed by the Bar Council of India for Advocates.
- The Team Codes shall be allotted to the participants after their initial On the day of Orientation Program the draw of lots shall be conducted.
The participants as a team are requested to register online from 15th December 2021 through this Google form link – Apply Now. After this initial registration, team codes shall be allotted and communicated on mail provided in the Form by the participants.
The registration fees of Rs. 750/- shall be paid later online and copy of receipt must be sent to mail i.e. email@example.com. Only after payment of registration fees along with memorial submission, participation of teams shall be confirmed and same shall be communicated to given mail in registration form.
Name of the Account Holder : Om Sterling Global University
Name of the Bank : HDFC Bank
Account Number : 50200040224861
IFSC Code : HDFC0000155
- Commencement of Online Registration-: November 26, 2021
- Last date for Online Registration -: December 31, 2021
- Last date for seeking clarifications -: January 5, 2022
- Release of final Clarifications :- January 15, 2022
- Last Date for Submission of soft copy of memorials along-with payment of registration fees – January 20 , 2022
- Orientation, Prelims & Quarters-: January 28 , 2022
- Semi-finals, Finals, Valedictory & Prize distribution-: January 29 , 2022
Awards and Certificates
- Winning Team – Rs. 10,000.00
- 1st Runner Up- Rs. 5,000
- Best Speaker – Rs. 3,000
- Runner Up Speaker- Rs. 2000
- Best Researcher – Rs. 2,000
- Best Memorial – Rs. 2,000
E-Certificates of Participation shall be awarded to the participants within 1 week of the completion of the Moot Court Competition.