About the Programme
Physiotherapy is a professional, highly credible and natural medical treatment to improve quality of life. The primary focus of physiotherapy is the restoration of function. Physiotherapists are primary health care professionals who assess and diagnose the problem, then plan and administer treatment programs that aim to restore function or minimize dysfunction after disease or injury. Physiotherapists strive to improve an individual quality of life by physical means that is through therapies. A combination of manual therapy, movement training and physical and electro-physical agents including heat and cold are used to achieve this.
On successful completion of M.P.T programme, the Physiotherapist professional will be able to take up physiotherapy teaching assignments independently for undergraduate teaching programme. He / She will be able to prepare project proposal with selected research design and interpret the evaluated outcome measures (using sound data processing techniques and statistical methods). He/she will be able to practice in his / her specialty area with advanced knowledge and skills.
Why Master in Physiotherapy?
In the early days physiotherapy implied administration of soft tissue manipulation and conducting some exercise. Now with the reorganization of physiotherapy as a complete subject of study in every major Government, private and corporate hospitals have a full-fledged department of Physiotherapy. Physiotherapists also accompany majority of sporting teams.
According to W.H.O there should be one physiotherapist on every thousand person. This reflects the vast scope of Physiotherapist in our country.
- The purpose of this curriculum is to delineate the cognitive, affective and psychomotor skills deemed essential for completion of this program and to perform as a competent physiotherapist who will be able to examine, evaluate, diagnose, plan, execute and document physiotherapy treatment independently or along with the multidisciplinary team.
- Evaluate patients for impairments and functional limitations and able to execute all routine physiotherapeutic procedures as per the evaluation.
- Able to operate and maintain physiotherapy equipment used in treatment of patient, physiotherapy treatment planning (both electrotherapy and exercise therapy) & procedures independently.
- Coursework entitles independent physiotherapy assessment and treatment in any healthcare delivery centers in India by the graduates.
- The coursework is designed to train students to work as independent physiotherapists or in conjunction with a multidisciplinary team to diagnose and treat movement disorders as per red and yellow flags.
- Course works will skill the graduate’s physical/ functional diagnosis, treatment planning, management, administration of physiotherapy treatment and for patient support.
- Graduates can found employment opportunities in hospitals/nursing homes/sports teams/fitness centers/Community Rehabilitation /Health planning boards/health promotions services in both private and public sectors as well as in independent physiotherapy clinics.
- Physiotherapy graduate is encouraged to pursue further qualification to attain senior position in the professional field and also to keep abreast with the recent advances, new technology and research. The professional should opt for continuous professional education credits offered by national and international institutes.
- The graduate will be a competent and reflective physiotherapy practitioner who can function safely and effectively while adhering to legal, ethical and professional standards of practice in a multitude of physiotherapy settings for patients and clients across the lifespan and along the continuum of care from wellness and prevention to rehabilitation of dysfunction.
- The graduate will utilize critical inquiry and evidence based practice to make clinical decisions essential for autonomous practice.
- The graduate will function as an active member of professional and community organizations. The graduate will be a service-oriented advocate dedicated to the promotion and improvement of community health.
|Fee Per Semester||Fee Per Year|
|For National Students||40,000||80,000|
|For International Students||860||1720|
|For National Students|| |
|For International Students|