Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) at OSGU
With the increasing complexity of modern corporate work style and crucial stage of economic growth of a country, there is a strong need to stimulate the entrepreneurial power among the youth. Admitting this fact, GOI (Govt. of India) has initiated the programs like Start-up India and Make in India. We at OSGU, also understand our social responsibility towards our country. The establishment of EDC (Entrepreneurship Development Cell) is one of our steps to inculcate and strengthen the entrepreneurial qualities among all our students who are willing to start their own business. With the help of sufficient infrastructure and financial-cum-technical support as provided by OSGU, the cell actively focuses on the innovating idea to transform it by mentoring, planning and executing process, into business that caters the need of the modern demanding society. The cell also strives to maintain relationship with various banking and non-banking financial corporations to secure finance for the most viable idea. The cell is equipped with dedicated team of industry oriented staff to groom the necessary skills to be a successful entrepreneur. In order to create motivation among students, the cell actively conducts workshops, seminars, and industry expert lectures etc. which are crucial for the entrepreneurship skills.
Objectives of EDC
The EDC is a salient section of the Placement Cell at OSGU. The committee works with objectives to help the aspiring entrepreneurs thrive and develop in their potential businesses. There is much to the intentions and objectives of the cell –
- To fulfil our ultimate responsibility towards our nation by supporting “Start-up India”, “Make in India” and such other initiatives as lay by government time to time.
- To encourage students for considering self-employment as a career option.
- To provide training in entrepreneurship through various courses and increase the relevance of management particularly in the non-corporate and under managed sectors.
- To create an environment for self-employment and entrepreneurship development through formal and non-formal programmes.
- To utilize the infrastructure facilities and technically trained manpower for the development of non-corporate and unorganized sectors.